10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

2hwivif.jpg

lessthanjake

Regarding Messi dependency.. Messi is involved in 46% of Barca's goals, compared to Ibra (51%), Falcao (49%), Suarez (48%).

While obviously that doesn't tell the whole story since that number is very significant and besides that the system revolves around Messi, but Barca is far from the only team in Europe that built a system around one player.

Interesting. And it should be borne in mind that Barcelona scores more total goals than those other players' teams, so there are A LOT more non-Messi goals than non-Ibra/Falcao/Suarez goals.

J

jiopi

Interesting. And it should be borne in mind that Barcelona scores more total goals than those other players' teams, so there are A LOT more non-Messi goals than non-Ibra/Falcao/Suarez goals.

12-13 La Liga points given with direct contribution (G+A)

1. Messi 20/49 41%
2. Falcao 11/40 28%
3. Cronaldo 6/33 18%

Points without

1. Barcelona 29
1. A.Madrid 29
3. R.Madrid 27

And when you consider that Messi creates or helps to create more than 50% of his own goals, where as with the others the number is about 20%, makes Barcelona much more one player oriented.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

It´s no news that Messi is the most important player, by far, in the team.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
and headers, free kicks, and step overs... dont even get me started Messi is nowhere near cristiano in those

D

DMZ05

He will age better then C Ronaldo who relies on his pace and physical attributes

Garrus

Messi is the most complete football player. He can become one of the best in the world in these positions if he wanted to
Left winger, Right winger, attacking midfielder, Central midfielder, I can add also defensive midfielder, Right back and a left back
The only 2 spots where messi will struggle is as a center back, And a goal keeper.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
When he gets older and loses some of his pace and explosiveness I think he will stop scoring so many goles and just drop back a little deeper. He wont lose that vision passing or left rocket foot. Hopefully one day in 5 years we will see him playing in Deulofeu for loads of goles

Garrus

All right, that's too much. Messi as a defensive midfielder? :lol:
Messi is amazing at retrieving balls, And keeping possession, The only qualities of DM that he lacks is 'tackling' and areal ability, Although i'm not sure about the tackling thing, Other wise he's great, Plus I stated DM, LB and RB separately from others, meaning that he'll be a bit less good from the other spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans