10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

It baffles me how people can say Ronaldo is more complete and keep a straight face. No80s summed it up perfectly. Messi can play almost anywhere on the pitch. I saw Ronaldo get the ball at midfield around a bunch of Dortmund defenders and he just looked so uncomfortable and immediately laid it off to someone else.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Messi is amazing at retrieving balls, And keeping possession, The only qualities of DM that he lacks is 'tackling' and areal ability, Although i'm not sure about the tackling thing, Other wise he's great, Plus I stated DM, LB and RB separately from others, meaning that he'll be a bit less good from the other spots

The tackling and aerial ability are like, half of being a DM.

Garrus

Messi-GK.jpg
Not surprised, The fact that he can perform on nearly any place on the pitch, And even in things that he physically struggles in (Headers), Shows that he is the most gifted football player in history.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Most LIGA assists for Barcelona this season (with/without goal): Messi 20 - Xavi 19 - Cesc 18 - Iniesta, Pedro 17 - Alexis, Alba 13

Courtesy of Khaled :worthy:

Fuckin Messi is the best in everything :lol:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Nope, It's half of being a CB
DM needs Vision, Passing, Discipline and speed, You can even add creativity as another criteria to a DM

Right, but you need to be able to tackle and outjump your opponents in most systems. I agree, at, say, Barcelona, that Messi could perform as a DM, but most teams require a physical, tough presence as a DM, who can pass and provide but ultimately is required to cover the defense.

Ursegor

World Champion
The worst part is that it's the same stats over and over again. Barcastuff does the same. I swear they've tweeted "top scorer in top 5 European leagues" like 10 times within a week.

So, to go away from the stats spamming a bit. Anyone else noticed that Tito uses Messi more as an out-and-out striker? He's still creating but nowhere near as much as under Pep when he used to be the central figure in every attacking move with his trademark "throughball between centreback and fullback" assists. Even the stats :)lol:) back it up. Last season Messi averaged 2.5 key passes per game. This season only 1.4. Last season he averaged 1.5 throughballs per game. This season only 0.3. Which also reflects on his assist stats. 5 assists vs. Cesc's 9 and Iniesta's 10. Under Pep he had by far the most assists. IMO this is a good evolution. Tito lets the attacking midfielders do their jobs (assisting goals) instead of letting Messi collect the ball from Busquets and make him create everything. Iniesta is already only 1 goal short of his top assist season if I'm not mistaken (someone here might have the stats :pep:). Less Messi-dependencia.

Discuss.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
The worst part is that it's the same stats over and over again. Barcastuff does the same. I swear they've tweeted "top scorer in top 5 European leagues" like 10 times within a week.

So, to go away from the stats spamming a bit. Anyone else noticed that Tito uses Messi more as an out-and-out striker? He's still creating but nowhere near as much as under Pep when he used to be the central figure in every attacking move with his trademark "throughball between centreback and fullback" assists. Even the stats :)lol:) back it up. Last season Messi averaged 2.5 key passes per game. This season only 1.4. Last season he averaged 1.5 throughballs per game. This season only 0.3. Which also reflects on his assist stats. 5 assists vs. Cesc's 9 and Iniesta's 10. Under Pep he had by far the most assists. IMO this is a good evolution. Tito lets the attacking midfielders do their jobs (assisting goals) instead of letting Messi collect the ball from Busquets and make him create everything. Iniesta is already only 1 goal short of his top assist season if I'm not mistaken (someone here might have the stats :pep:). Less Messi-dependencia.

Discuss.

This confirms the trend of Messi becoming more and more a striker, than a false 9 by definition. If you look at the way we played back during our treble winning season and where we currently are in terms of our forward three, you see a gradual trend of Messi scoring the heck out of each and every opposition.

If we'd have our both wingers firing all cylinders now, we'd be probably scoring from 2 to 4 additional goals a game easy. I think this is the position Messi will play in for another 5-6 years, unless his pace will leave him behind, meaning he'll be used in a more traditional enganche role.

MMKa

Under Pep he had by far the most assists. IMO this is a good evolution. Tito lets the attacking midfielders do their jobs (assisting goals) instead of letting Messi collect the ball from Busquets and make him create everything. Iniesta is already only 1 goal short of his top assist season if I'm not mistaken (someone here might have the stats :pep:). Less Messi-dependencia.

Discuss.

You're absolutely right:
jAVH8.png

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Discuss.

Messi is the player who created more goal chances (20). It´s players like Pedro, Alexis, etc that don´t score. That´s why he only has 5 assists. 15 of his goal passes were missed.
In order to have more accuracy in finishing he should pass to himself :messi: or Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans