10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Drogba at 34 is just a shell of his former self. just moments of occasional briallance, How many goals did he score in his last season in England ?
Exactly, you are still able to play some amount of games, but injuries will occure more often and recovery time will be longer, so you can forget the all around consistent seasons like nowadays.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

How is Ronaldo a physical beast though? Ibra is more like that than Ronaldo, he is on the ground every time he is touched.

Are you blind or just bias? Ronaldo is the best atlhete to play the game. Your hate towards him blins your opinions.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Ibra is just lazy. Ronaldo spent hours perfecting himself. I respect that. What he lacks in pure genius he compensate by hard work.

raskolnikov

Are you blind or just bias? Ronaldo is the best atlhete to play the game. Your hate towards him blins your opinions.

I dont hate him, I just dislike him like I do with Nasri,Arnautovic, Evra or Pepe.
I dont feel im being biased, maybe my definition of what physical means is off?

To me it would mean a guy that beats guys one on one in strength, a guy you cant get to the ground nor can you take the ball away from him in a physical way.
Ibrahimovic is like that I guess, Ronaldo is the one that goes to ground when he cant get by an opponent or loses the ball.
If you mean he is a physical beast because he is good in the air or can shoot really hard then I have no problem with it.

But acting like he is some muscular machine that runs trough all the tiny defenders that just cant stop him cause he is so strong, I just dont see it.
Its like calling Kenny Norton one of boxing's one punch ko artists just because he looked muscular.

Henry_IB

Banned
I dont hate him, I just dislike him like I do with Nasri,Arnautovic, Evra or Pepe.
I dont feel im being biased, maybe my definition of what physical means is off?

To me it would mean a guy that beats guys one on one in strength, a guy you cant get to the ground nor can you take the ball away from him in a physical way.
Ibrahimovic is like that I guess, Ronaldo is the one that goes to ground when he cant get by an opponent or loses the ball.
If you mean he is a physical beast because he is good in the air or can shoot really hard then I have no problem with it.

But acting like he is some muscular machine that runs trough all the tiny defenders that just cant stop him cause he is so strong, I just dont see it.
Its like calling Kenny Norton one of boxing's one punch ko artists just because he looked muscular.

You know just as well as I that ronaldo going to the floor has nothing to do with physical strength, he dives, simple as that.

X

xaviniesta

it takes balance to get trough challenges and tackles, not strenght...just saying. what he means by athlete is that he can play every game and every minute, he is a good runner and stays fit.

DavidVillano1

I'm privileged to have seen Messi live, in my view the greatest player of all time. Certainly the best player in my life time, ahead of the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo(real one) Xavi etc...

100 goals in 2013? :p

I think the main difference between Drogba and Ronaldo is that Drogba never relied on his pace. He could still bully people in the air with his strength.

Ronaldo is slightly dependent on his speed, when this goes, he won't be as effective. Although that doesn't mean he can't continue late in his career, because I think his alround game is underrated at times. He has an eye for a pass. Will still score goals, but I expect a drop off in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
K

Karnivore

Chelsea fan here - congrats to Messi - best player i've ever seen. I was at Stamford Bridge when Ronaldinho scored THAT goal against us, phenomenal player, but even he isn't close to Messi. 91 goals in a calendar year? We've had some great players grace our league, Henry used to be the bane of our misery when he was at Arsenal, Cristiano Ronaldo turned into something extraordinary in 2006 and deservedly was crowned the best player in Europe in 2008, Bergkamp, Zola, Robben, Cantona, Shearer etc, none of them even in the same stratosphere as Messi. Already the best of all time as far as i'm concerned.... now he just needs to score against us. :p

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

it takes balance to get trough challenges and tackles, not strenght...just saying. what he means by athlete is that he can play every game and every minute, he is a good runner and stays fit.

spot on.

F

Frejsgodes

btmy6k

Trophy room :worthy: :worthy:
:worthy:

Will get his 3rd Golden Shoe after this season!

Garrus

hopefully 2mrw we see more of this

There is a reason why messi doesn't do these kind of stuff a lot, Cause as you can see the eventual out come is that they end up fouling him, He tries to avoid unnecessary physical contacy to avoid injuries

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Drogba at 34 is just a shell of his former self. just moments of occasional briallance, How many goals did he score in his last season in England ?

There team was a mess & Torres was preferred.

Did you happen to miss Drogba in Chelsea's CL run??

Big part of why they won, Drogba makes the likes of Ibrahimovic look like fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans