10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

desoe

Can someone please explain about the Ballon d'Or voting.

The last vote was for picking the first three, no?

So, after that they'll vote again for the winner, right?

I didn't pay enough attention during the voting time

King Leo

Banned
I too say move on! because Villa is moving on this coming summer. He won't be wearing the Barca shirt this time next year I can tell you that and not because of Messi... I too love Villa and will enjoy him playing for us until THE END

Paganinisrvnge

Not to discredit Messi but I am honestly curious as to why some La Liga defenders are so shit. That 2nd Messi goal against Mallorca would never have happened against Celtic or Chelsea. Is it that Celtic and Chelsea were playing with more passion because it was the Champions League or are their defenders just more willing to do last ditch tackles? On that 2nd Messi goal, the defenders didn't even try to dive in to block it. I know Messi could have easily just faked a shot and then still scored but the defenders often don't seem to care to give their all.

Ursegor

World Champion
They aren't shit. It's the mentality. Some teams give up before the game has even started against Barcelona and Real Madrid (Leverkusen last season being the prime example when their players would fight for Messi's shirt at half time and had committed 0 fouls throughout 90 minutes, so it's not even La Liga teams only). Some don't. The game today was a disgrace. Looked more like a pub / charity game. Which is probably why Barcelona fell asleep in the second half. It isn't about the quality per se. It's about the mentality. Some teams are pumped up. Some aren't. Sevilla, Granada, Celtic were pumped up this season for example. Levante is also one of those pumped up teams which is why Mourinho won against them for the first time today if I'm not mistaken (last minute winner).

We'll drop points against Levante in 2 weeks. Watch this space.

MMKa

No. They vote only once and I think voting period is still on.

hellsangel1

Not to discredit Messi but I am honestly curious as to why some La Liga defenders are so shit. That 2nd Messi goal against Mallorca would never have happened against Celtic or Chelsea. Is it that Celtic and Chelsea were playing with more passion because it was the Champions League or are their defenders just more willing to do last ditch tackles? On that 2nd Messi goal, the defenders didn't even try to dive in to block it. I know Messi could have easily just faked a shot and then still scored but the defenders often don't seem to care to give their all.

The defending in general around the world isn't all that great, there are very, very few world class defenders atm. The Premier League isn't all that great at defending at the moment either. I mean, look at the forum here, their idea of a 'beast' defender is Mascherano.

JackaL

Well Chelsea just lost the Uefa Super Cup against a Spanish side. So their defenders, even if they're among the best in Europe, aren't stopping the likes of Messi, Falcao etc. either.

FiReFTW

Did anyone else notice tho that Messi is not as sharp this season as he was last year? Noticable during play aswell as statistics, all his stats are quite lower compared to last year when you look at key passes per game, pass accuracy, dribbles per game ( only 3 compared to 6 last year, in CL even less than 2 ). Im wondering if it has to do with his son, expecting a son can put your mind off some things of course.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

No they vote for three players, the one with the most votes as no.1 becomes the best, and so on with no 2 and 3

X

xaviniesta

joiurnalists, coaches and national team captains all for for top 3. fist gets 5 points, second 3 and third 1 and they later sum this all up. right?

Xtroverto

Is is simply a matter of accumulation, for that goal that he scored against Mallorca there are probably dosses of attempts before that were blocked, sooner or later with enough persistence Messi scores. Many of his goals can be argued for are the result of lackluster defending, but it is simply the result of persistence from Messi. If we did go through every opportunity that he misses because of good defending, the picture change, but we only remember the goals and the bad defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans