10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick03

Barcastuff : "Real Madrid have started a campaign to damage the image of Lionel Messi. Journalists are instructed to spread false rumours. [radio marca]"

This is disgusting, this makes me so mad ! :angry:

F

Flavia

This is seriously disgusting! I hope the club is going to do something.
The worse thing they could do is to react to this kind of thing. Because that's what whoever is behind this want. It's probably just more bs from marca, anyway.

Barca8

What happened with messi yesterday was due to a complete failure of the wings, He receives the ball and there simply is no one on the wings to pass the ball to and all he can do is either pass it back or try to hold on onto the ball until someone decides to fill that ridiculous vacant space on the wings, And by that time the other RM players already retreated and a defensive formation was reestablished
In the few occasions that he tried to penetrate the defense by himself as soon he receives the ball he ended up failing, And who blames him he's not superman....Well at least not on that day, To be fair he could have in one occasion if it wasn't for carvalho's hand ball.

You hit the nail on the head! +1
Everytime Messi went on one of his forward tears he had absolutely nobody to pass to on his right or left thus allowing RM's back 4 to focus solely on Messi. This isn't a major issue with weaker sides but against top sides we can't get away with it. Although management has held onto Villa this transfer window he'll probably be sold in the summer. Barcelona need a versatile forward to ease the pressure off Messi. I think Falcao/Cavani won't work because they need to play through the middle but there's no displacing Messi. Aguero/Suarez would be ideal as they are dangerous from wide.

Everytime Messi went on one of his forward tears he had absolutely nobody to pass to on his right or left thus allowing RM's back 4 to focus solely on Messi. This isn't a major issue with weaker sides but against top sides we can't get away with it. Although management has held onto Villa this transfer window he'll probably be sold in the summer. Barcelona need a versatile forward to ease the pressure off Messi. I think Falcao/Cavani won't work because they need to play through the middle but there's no displacing Messi. Aguero/Suarez would be ideal as they are dangerous from wide.

It's probably gonna be Neymar. He'd be a pretty good choice, and the most realistic one IMO.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Well Tello is tricky and hard to mark because his glaring speed allows him to easily peel off of markers. Pedro is really good too usually, however last night he had an off game. Next season I can see Deulo providing that kind of wide option that opponents would fear (however he's really young so it's not like he's going to be a regular starter). Neymar is obviously coming to provide a similar kind of player. One game isn't enough to force us to change the system or buy new players. Barcelona works best with what they have.

sukhy

Pretty sure all of those stories about Messi are fake and theyre being used by Madrid friendly media sources to cover up against all the monkey chanting and racist abuse Dani Alves was getting

Barca8

Neymar is obviously coming to provide a similar kind of player. One game isn't enough to force us to change the system or buy new players. Barcelona works best with what they have.

True, but it hasn't just been one game. It's the last 3 Classicos, it's the Chelsea semi-final, it's any side that manage to park the bus and contain Messi which leaves us with few alternatives. Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulo are great wing forwards but a player like David Villa brings a different dynamic to the attack. I refer to the 2010/2011 season when few sides could handle our versatile attack with MVP leading the way.
:villa:the Striker :messi: the Total Footballer :pedro: the Winger
Too much versatility there for anyone to handle ;)

sukhy

Stick Pedro on the right, Tello/Villa/Alexis on the left, spread the pitch and watch Messi rip the middle to shreds against Madrid, drop Cesc for the game, even though he's been playing well, go back to basics of pressing high amd spreading the pitch, dont give them the option to tuck their full backs in and defend narrow, hug the touchline and try and get at their defenders in 1-1 situations.

Barca8

Stick Pedro on the right, Tello/Villa/Alexis on the left, spread the pitch and watch Messi rip the middle to shreds against Madrid, drop Cesc for the game, even though he's been playing well, go back to basics of pressing high amd spreading the pitch, dont give them the option to tuck their full backs in and defend narrow, hug the touchline and try and get at their defenders in 1-1 situations.

I agree. Seems like Tito is trying to accommodate Fabregas and while he is an asset to our team I don't think he's more valuable in midfield than Iniesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans