10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterplatin

Yea but spiting directly towards Ronaldo, he should know better, Marca and all the ugly madrid media and players are just waiting for things like that so they can bash his name.

Btw just to be clear I do play football but I never spit, I think its disgusting tbh, but I can understand why other players would do it.

It was just a clever snapshot of both the players together.Messi won't be anywhere near Ronaldo on field . :rofl1:

misterplatin

I think he knew he was underperforming that game, he seemed very frustrated during the end and forced things. Im cool with him missing passes or shots, these things happen, but his workrate that game was particularly poor, which is ok against bad teams to save energy, but against Real we need all players working as hard they can. There was one play where we had a counter attack and (I think Cesc) wanted to pass him the ball but he was way offside because he was just slowly walking back from an attack a minute before, then Cesc had to wait and lost the ball. I mean that is just lack of effort, and unlike Messi who usually gives his all against Madrid.

I wanted to point out that incident. I was frustrated when I saw that and I feel i am right to point out Messi's lack of effort.

Kerrybai

Problem is not his lack of defensive work but his walking around when we are attacking.He seems to be waiting for the ball to be served to his feet and rarely ever does runs into space these days.He still is the best but his work rate on the pitch is not.

It's a valid point but as a false 9 should he be running a lot? Wingers by design run a lot, cutting inside to receive the ball or running in behind the defence after linking up with the full backs or receiving a pass over the top from Messi Xavi and co. But what about Messi? Well he drops deep to play tiki taka and acts as a playmaker. However when it comes to making runs he isn't given the same freedom as our wingers. A winger may only have to beat a fullback while Messi has to get free from midfielders and centre backs. As we saw in the RM game he was double marked. If you watch the game again you will see him make some short runs but he's rightly never passed to because he can't get free from the defenders, except on one occasion where he was wrongly flagged offside.

Garrus

Problem is not his lack of defensive work but his walking around when we are attacking.He seems to be waiting for the ball to be served to his feet and rarely ever does runs into space these days.He still is the best but his work rate on the pitch is not.
We're in no position to teach messi when to make a run or where to position himself, I mean seriously, The guy has 44 goals in 33 appearances, You do realize how insane these numbers are, He's a false 9, His job isn't just to score goal, He is required to create dangerous chances with through ball and over the defense balls, And that happens best when he's in the middle, Some distance ahead of the midfield, It wouldn't work with him jumping around all over the pitch.
You can complain about his work rate when he's not delivering, You don't demand more work rate just for the sake of more work rate, That's counter productive i think. What is exactly that you want, 55 goals in 33 appearances 66?, I think we're going overboard, Messi is fine, And better than ever to be exact, There is absolutely nothing to complain about.

raskolnikov

Anyone thinks Messi might be physically bothered by something? Ever since Benfica it seems he has been threated for a "knock" several times the day after a game.
Not that he is injured or anything of course.

J

jiopi

La Liga points given with direct contribution (goals+assists)

1. Messi 25p
2. Falcao 11p
3. Cronaldo 9p

La Liga 12-13 without these

1. Atletico Madrid 36p
2. Real Madrid 34p
3. Barcelona 33p

:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans