10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Really clever tactic by Madrid by trying to wind Messi up. You won't like him when he's mad. He is going to tear them a new asshole when they meet again. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Vapor

I think he knew he was underperforming that game, he seemed very frustrated during the end and forced things. Im cool with him missing passes or shots, these things happen, but his workrate that game was particularly poor, which is ok against bad teams to save energy, but against Real we need all players working as hard they can. There was one play where we had a counter attack and (I think Cesc) wanted to pass him the ball but he was way offside because he was just slowly walking back from an attack a minute before, then Cesc had to wait and lost the ball. I mean that is just lack of effort, and unlike Messi who usually gives his all against Madrid.
Exactly. When someone here was bashing others for "flaming" Messi about not trying his hardest... come on dude, it was obvious. No one is bashing Messi, just pointing out that his usual fire and 100% effort was missing. It's not disappointing if Messi and the players give 100% and lose/draw but when they give only 80-85% effort and tie it is disappointing.

Like you said though, Messi is his own toughest critic and knows when he is not playing up to his beastmode standard, so I'm sure a lot of the time when he gets pissed he is just pissed/frustrated at himself. He'll come back to the Camp Nou with a vengeance, especially with all of this sabotage bullshit by Madrid.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why is everyone getting so agitated by Alonso giving Messi a little pat on the face? :lol: By that standard everyone in the Premier League is a cunt.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
What on earth are people talking about? Messi not trying???? Seriously??? He was asked toplay far deeper in this game and he still tore them apart on many occasions and was let down by the finishing of others. Credit to Madrid as well, who marshalled him very well. If anything Xavi had a poor game and that was down to the pressure put on by Madrid and Mou's tactics. They took Xavi out of the game which meant Messi had to come very deep to get the ball, that meant he was not int he false-9 role.

There really is a lot of rubbish spoken on here these days.

Vapor

What on earth are people talking about? Messi not trying???? Seriously??? He was asked toplay far deeper in this game and he still tore them apart on many occasions and was let down by the finishing of others. Credit to Madrid as well, who marshalled him very well. If anything Xavi had a poor game and that was down to the pressure put on by Madrid and Mou's tactics. They took Xavi out of the game which meant Messi had to come very deep to get the ball, that meant he was not int he false-9 role.

There really is a lot of rubbish spoken on here these days.
Ok, yes Messi tried a lot especially in the first half. Yes he and the team were shut down. However later on it just seemed like the fire was gone. In past I have seen him put a lot more effort forth in these games. It can't just be a coincidence when many people have noticed that only a few players seemed like they really wanted to win, Messi not being one of them. It's an observation. Sure you don't have to agree but calling the observation rubbish just seems uncalled for.

I love Messi infinitely and I appreciate him every single game, including this one. But pointing out that maybe he didn't try as hard as he could have is rubbish? It's just an observation. Come on. It's like whenever you try to point out things that players could have done better you're being a crappy fan here, I don't get it.

Last edited:

ricknattery

Why is everyone getting so agitated by Alonso giving Messi a little pat on the face? :lol: By that standard everyone in the Premier League is a cunt.

They foul you and then they give you the pat(2 players)
You don't need to be a genius to understand the difference, but with you the guy that defends Pepe's antics with lack of reasoning...

F

Flavia

Ok, yes Messi tried a lot especially in the first half. Yes he and the team were shut down. However later on it just seemed like the fire was gone. In past I have seen him put a lot more effort forth in these games. It can't just be a coincidence when many people have noticed that only a few players seemed like they really wanted to win, Messi not being one of them. It's an observation. Sure you don't have to agree but calling the observation rubbish just seems uncalled for.

I love Messi infinitely and I appreciate him every single game, including this one. But pointing out that maybe he didn't try as hard as he could have is rubbish? It's just an observation. Come on. It's like whenever you try to point out things that players could have done better you're being a crappy fan here, I don't get it.
He was treated for a knock after the game. He could have been feeling something, but didn't want to get subbed as it was a clasico.

Stric

Exactly, it's the same to say Iniesta was not trying, as the left wing was hideously vacant multiple times. Then again, we don't know who's fault is it that there isn't somebody when players change their places multiple times during the game.

11.gif

Good point about the players changing places so many times during the game. This makes it much harder for the players to keep track of what they need to do at any given moment, let alone for us spectators to see who's "not doing their job". But honestly I don't see how anyone can blame Cesc for this Cesc-Iniesta combo "not working". (although I disagree completely, but for the sake of this argument) It's Cesc's job to be the midfielder, and he's doing that. It's Iniesta's job to be the winger, and he stays in midfield. You can clearly see both of those things happening in the gif above. I'm not saying Iniesta is playing badly or harming the team or whatever, but in terms of positioning, if there's anyone who needs to be given a a suggestion or two on how to to make this Cesc-Iniesta combo work better, it's Iniesta. Because he can do it, but on several occasions he just does what he's doing in the gif there.

El Gato

Villarato!
They foul you and then they give you the pat(2 players)
You don't need to be a genius to understand the difference, but with you the guy that defends Pepe's antics with lack of reasoning...

Still solid in that argument that I've been defending Pepe when it was you not being able to understand what was written? Good stuff.

As for the fouls, OK sure, I can understand being annoyed by that. But whining about some picture on twitter of a happening that is there almost every other match in England? Come on.

Vapor

He was treated for a knock after the game. He could have been feeling something, but didn't want to get subbed as it was a clasico.
I agree, it might not have just been effort. He could have been feeling something, he could have been tired, annoyed, who knows. Sometimes it's just an off day.

ShandyFFM

i dont get this.... first it was ronaldo talking about how important the team is and the titles and not the individual performences and then he cam with 3 children on the stage at the ballon dor gala....
then callejon told the press messi did talk bad to arbeloa and karanka... anf now that spitting thing....

how is this possible i mean seriously no one can play without emotions but this may sound crazy but it looks like a campain to destroy messis image so ronaldo can get more votes for the next ballon dor...i mean no one is talking about bad behaviours that madrid has... pepes and messis hand or that arbeloa is an agressive player and messi gets fouled so often in el casico... im serious messi isnt that nice little boy anymore.. but if you want to be sucsessful at anything you need to have some big shoulders and its impossible to stay calm all the time this would be anti human.... and how doesnt spitt in a football match... cant stand this campain anymore... those" bad" words like puppet or idiot ... seriously it sounds like messi would have said to them their vater was a dog and their mom a whore...

ricknattery

Still solid in that argument that I've been defending Pepe when it was you not being able to understand what was written? Good stuff.

As for the fouls, OK sure, I can understand being annoyed by that. But whining about some picture on twitter of a happening that is there almost every other match in England? Come on.

The pat in the face came right after a foul and from the 2 worst behaving players that day(stepping on anckles left and right) , you still cannot understand the difference between this and the situations you mention in the prem? Sorry it can't get clearer than that

ShandyFFM

Good point about the players changing places so many times during the game. This makes it much harder for the players to keep track of what they need to do at any given moment, let alone for us spectators to see who's "not doing their job". But honestly I don't see how anyone can blame Cesc for this Cesc-Iniesta combo "not working". (although I disagree completely, but for the sake of this argument) It's Cesc's job to be the midfielder, and he's doing that. It's Iniesta's job to be the winger, and he stays in midfield. You can clearly see both of those things happening in the gif above. I'm not saying Iniesta is playing badly or harming the team or whatever, but in terms of positioning, if there's anyone who needs to be given a a suggestion or two on how to to make this Cesc-Iniesta combo work better, it's Iniesta. Because he can do it, but on several occasions he just does what he's doing in the gif there.

we really should go with villa or tello for the next clasico and iniesta in midfield... even if cesc is in superb condition but we need to stretch the field for messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans