Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Messi%20dribble%20Getafe.gif

N

Noldorin

We really really need more of Villa+Messi in the remainder of the season. :wub:

I'd like to agree with this a lot, but if Alexis starts showing great form (who knows!), then I'm tempted to play him more still, since he is a long term prospect and Villa will almost surely depart in the summer. Same goes with Tello, who is young and desperate for playing time.

raskolnikov

Does anyone feel Messi's agility and speed has dropped a little compared to a few years ago?
Dont know if its cause he is more crowded nowadays but it seems a little more noticeable.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Does anyone feel Messi's agility and speed has dropped a little compared to a few years ago?
Dont know if its cause he is more crowded nowadays but it seems a little more noticeable.

Nowadays he has 4-5 players on him all the time. It´s more difficult. He´s 25 so it´s not a pace issue. And he used to play more on the wings where he had 1 or 2 players to face.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I think it has to do with the man-marking and crowding not to mention his huge evolution in playing style over the years. Nowadays he does find space in counterattacks and his speed is clearly visible there. However it's almost impossible these days for him to find the space to score when he's on the ball. That's why we see him finish after passing the ball to a teammate and making a run.

Stric

I'd like to agree with this a lot, but if Alexis starts showing great form (who knows!), then I'm tempted to play him more still, since he is a long term prospect and Villa will almost surely depart in the summer. Same goes with Tello, who is young and desperate for playing time.

I don't see why this makes a difference, as Villa plays LW exclusively, and Alexis usually plays RW.

Kerrybai

Watch him closely and you will see that his agility and speed beats the first defender with ease. The difference now is that when he beats the first defender, there is a second defender , and a 3rd and a 4th...

misterplatin

if he only had scored that bicycle-kick ..awww.. i would like to see some more "incredible" goals from messi ... i know all his goals are just insane for a professional but they look so normal and average when he score them sooo often ;-) u know what i mean

His incredible goals are mostly from quick dribbles and passing around the box .If they are routine for you then I have to say you won't see many incredible goals because he rarely tries the flamboyant stuff in box . From what I have seen I don't even want him to try those things because he lacks the imagination of players like Maradona or Ranaldinho and there is nothing bad about it .

misterplatin

Mr. Comedian over here.

Why is it funny if I expect something realistic. Even when Messi performs well , someone asks for 'incredible' goals or blind through ball or a goal after performing Marseille turn .
He is not that flamboyant simple as that , he is like a robot - very efficient at simple and effective things . My comparison was with Maradona that is why I used the term 'lacks ' . He is still more imaginative than 99 % pro footballers .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans