10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

BDVmgyGCcAEXdR5.png:large

BXI Fútbol

It's insane how many of his earliest goals were ridiculous works of art; he scored a hat trick against Madrid and had the legendary goal vs Getafe all within his first 20 goals for Barcelona. I can imagine being someone on the opposing team when Messi was just starting out and just not knowing what the hell to do.

Leo10

So as you know, Messi haters and Ronaldo fanboys on other forums and such always bring up Messi's lack of world cup goals. I decided to do a little research. Anyone who watched the 2010 world cup knows that Messi was pretty good as a playmaker and was unlucky not to score but I decided to look back on the facts of the 2006 world cup since people act like he played a lot that world cup.

Group Stage
VS Ivory Coast - Didn't play
VS Serbia and Montenegro - Subbed on at 75th minute and scored in the 88th minute
VS Netherlands - started and subbed off at 70th minute

Knockouts
VS Mexico - subbed on at 84th minute of game that went into extra time
VS Germany - Didn't play

121 minutes and one goal.

That's the equivalent of one single extra time match.

Meanwhile...

Ronaldo's 2006 world cup:

Group Stage
VS Angola - started and subbed off after 60 minutes
VS Iran - started and played all 90 minutes. Scored in 80th minute from a Penalty
VS Mexico - Didn't play

Knockouts
VS Netherlands - started and subbed off after 34 minutes
VS England - started and played all 120 minutes
VS France - started and played all 90 minutes

3rd place match vs Germany - started and played all 90 minutes

484 minute and one goal from a penalty.

Of course we all know that at this point; Messi is a far better player. I just wanted to point out that while Ronaldo is a fantastic player, he hasn't had the best international performances either yet Messi gets much, much more criticism for allegedly not showing up for his national team. Portugal's good performances were due to Figo and Deco while Euro 2012 he wasn't that great either(only very good performance was vs Netherlands).

Awesome work mate :beer2:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He has so much space for some of those goals it's criminal :lol:! Poor victims. Had NO idea what they were getting themselves into. It's crazy to look at that and then see him suffocated by defenses today....yet doing better then ever :D
We are truly lucky to witness him play. Seriously warms my heart when I see things like his FK yesterday :wub:

aaron101

It's insane how many of his earliest goals were ridiculous works of art; he scored a hat trick against Madrid and had the legendary goal vs Getafe all within his first 20 goals for Barcelona. I can imagine being someone on the opposing team when Messi was just starting out and just not knowing what the hell to do.

Tha's because at his early years, people doesn't really know him and his abbilities. That way, he was able to do those mind blowing goals because he was not surrounded by 4-5 players. Nowadays, every team's tactic is to stop Messi as a team.

:worthy:

But remember kids, Ronaldo is better because he can head the ball. And Messi only won the Ballon d'or because Barca bribed FIFA. There's no way he possibly deserved it. Who cares if he scored more goals in a calendar year than anyone else ever has, Ronaldo deserved it because I say he did, and Barca bribed FIFA to give it to Messi because I say they did.

And I don't care if only 11 of Messi's 91 goals last year were assisted by Xavi and Iniesta, he's nothing without them. Because I said so.

I don't care if Messi was voted by captains and coaches as the best player in the world, he isn't until he plays in the Premier League, which is the best league in the world because I say it is. I don't care if Maradona, Pele, Zidane, etc never played there. And I don't care if La Liga teams have dominated Europe in recent years, La Liga is shit because I say it is. And I don't care if Messi's performed against far better teams, he's not the best player in the world until he does it on a Wednesday night in Stoke.

Damn lol, this is too much fun. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans