10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabeef

48 goals is something we would have thought to be a super season some years ago... for Messi its only mid Feb numbers. Unbelievable... lets hope he keeps this up in the crucial coming few hurdles!

J

jiopi

Shots per goal excluding penalties, in league games.

1. Messi 37 (4) goals, 3.8 SpG
2. Cronaldo 24 (5) goals, 8.5 SpG
3. Ibrahimovic 21 (2) goals, 5.5 SpG
4. Falcao 20 (7), 5.3 SpG
5. Van Persie 19 (1), 5.1 SpG
6. Cavani 18 (4), 6.5 SpG
7. Suarez 18 (0), 8.4 SpG

Vapor

God damn! That is accuracy :worthy: So precise/efficient.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

That is literally unbelievable precision. I usually wouldn't say this because we can't tell the future, but it's getting less and less likely that we will ever see anyone as good as Lionel Messi.

Kerrybai

That is literally unbelievable precision. I usually wouldn't say this because we can't tell the future, but it's getting less and less likely that we will ever see anyone as good as Lionel Messi.

I guess that's what everyone thought about Diego too, and then messi came along.

J

jiopi

It was after this, Messi probably felt Tello should have passed it back, as he got dead end, where as Messi had plenty of space to score.

Tello%20dribble%20Granada.gif

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I found it a silly criticism of Tello there...We fault forwards for looking too often for Leo instead of going for goal, thereby making our trident attack too one dimensional (Ok, Messi-dimensional) but when a forward goes for goal he's criticized for it?...It's illogical

Tello is a terrific passer and has gotten fewer opportunities to show his quality for months which only increases the pressure to produce when he's out there...He didn't score but he also got into a great scoring position by beating his man - something our forwards who aren't named Leo aren't doing

Garrus

I found it a silly criticism of Tello there...We fault forwards for looking too often for Leo instead of going for goal, thereby making our trident attack too one dimensional (Ok, Messi-dimensional) but when a forward goes for goal he's criticized for it?...It's illogical

Tello is a terrific passer and has gotten fewer opportunities to show his quality for months which only increases the pressure to produce when he's out there...He didn't score but he also got into a great scoring position by beating his man - something our forwards who aren't named Leo aren't doing
I find that faulting the forwarders for looking to often for messi is itself a silly criticism(Not that i mean it's your view), One should always pass to the best option for a goal, And most of the time it's messi, Not only because he's lethal, But he's the one in the best possible position most of the time, Hence why he's messi, We can't demand passing to other players, Just for the sake of passing to other players, It's counter-productive.
Not that a bit of selfishness is unwarranted, But it should be done when we are comfortably in the lead, That wasn't the case against granada.

ShandyFFM

sure would have been better if tello played the ball bakc.. but like you said i think he didn noticed him at all.. instead he was looking for don andres .. or did he shot on the goal ??? but like i mentioned before everyone knows the whole team is always looking for messi especially alves,cesc,alba when crossing into the middle... so no wonder leo is pissed if he doesnt get the ball ;-) but i think he only said something like "play the damn ball" nothing really hard...

Yannick03

It happens, off course Leo was dissapointed, he was in a good position but no big deal. It was a great run from Tello and perhaps he made the wrong decision, those things happen in football. I don't think Tello is being critized for that.

raskolnikov

Say what you want but atleast Tello takes initiative, he is the only forward outside Messi and Villa who does that.
Its good as well, sure he should have passed but he didnt see it or he just went for his own goal cause he wants to prove himself due to his lack of minutes.
Either way having attackers that make their own moves and create chances or take a shot are better than always passing to messi or back to xavi/iniesta.
That would break us up again vs anti-football teams.

Vapor

Say what you want but atleast Tello takes initiative, he is the only forward outside Messi and Villa who does that.
Its good as well, sure he should have passed but he didnt see it or he just went for his own goal cause he wants to prove himself due to his lack of minutes.
Either way having attackers that make their own moves and create chances or take a shot are better than always passing to messi or back to xavi/iniesta.
That would break us up again vs anti-football teams.
+1 Very much agreed.

Beautiful video. Amazing passes. Still shows we are weak in finishing though... we have to improve that. But still, absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans