10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

If you think that Spain are going to win every tournament for the next 10 years then you're absolutely retarded. Messi is good enough to and has already torn Spain apart by himself and could do it again. Odds are Argentina won't even have to play Spain in 2014 as I think it's plausible that they could get knocked out in the early knockout stages by a more motivated team like Belgium, Italy, France, Colombia, Brazil, etc.

Paganinisrvnge

Sorry but it's just absurd to truly believe that Argentina have 0% chance at the world cup because Spain have upcoming talent. What if that talent doesn't live up to the hype? It's already amazing that Spain have won 3 major tournaments in a row. A feat that has never been accomplished before. If anyone can beat Spain, it's Messi. I can honestly see Messi singlehandedly beating Spain.

P

Patty2720

2011-12: After 37 games 50 goals - 1,35%
2012-13: After 11 games 15 goals - 1,36%

:worthy:

Last edited:

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
1 goal away from Batistuta's record of most goals for Argentina in a Calender year.

I m sure he will score more than once against Saudia Arabia.

abual3bed1

Tonight is his last international game in 2012. right??

I don't care about this record as long as he gets back to Barcelona healthy.

MMKa

Tonight is his last international game in 2012. right??

I don't care about this record as long as he gets back to Barcelona healthy.

Which record? Most goals in Argentine national team 12 or most goals in international (non-domestical) games 25?

For the first, Messi has one match left, 12 goals.
For the latter, also 2 UCL games possible, 23 goals.

abual3bed1

Which record? Most goals in Argentine national team 12 or most goals in international (non-domestical) games 25?

For the first, Messi has one match left, 12 goals.
For the latter, also 2 UCL games possible, 23 goals.

The most goals for Argentina in a calendar year.

Saudis can be mean and very violent on the pitch once they start losing, they might even try to hurt Leo looking for fame or a dare between themselves. I know I might sound paranoid but I lived there for a while and I know how they think and deal with famous footballers (a Saudi defender once almost broke CR7 leg back in 2008 when United visited them).

no offense to any Saudi member here, am only talking about Saudi footballers.

poldep

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but do the goals tonight against Saudi Arabia count (to beat Muller's 85 goals)
And how many games in total are there still to play in 2012?
Thank you!

K

kroki22

Barcelona: Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Pique, Pedro Rodriguez
Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos
Manchester City: David Silva
Manchester United: David de Gea
Chelsea: Juan Mata
Bayern Munich: Javi Martinez

Kids from FC Barcelona: Deulofeu, Montoya, Bartra & Isaac Cuenca

Random line up (4-3-3):

/*
-------Pedro - Fabregas - Mata--------
-------Thiago - Busquets - Silva-------
----Alba - Ramos - Pique - Montoya----
-------------David de Gea-------------
*/

They all have the same age or are younger than Messi. They are all world class, playing in the best teams except the "kids" that still have 6 years to improve and shine.

Spain will obviously lose a few key players such as Puyol, Iker Casillas, Iniesta, Xavi & Villa, but they already have nice replacements that are top players and still have a few years ahead to gain experience and get better in the next 6 years for the 2018 world cup. There's also a high chance that Spain will get new players obviously in the meantime.

Messi "the midfielder" (too old to be the great striker he is right now) won't be enough against that "basic random lineup".

In my eyes, there's a tiny chance for Messi getting a world cup. I just hope he gets better and gets all the records he can in football. IMO he should forget about the world cup, it's pretty much mission impossible. As a few said already, the only good thing from Argentina is their attack front, nothing else. Spain always dominated teams because they have a great midfield. In 6 years they will still have a great midfield... but also a great defense, a great attack and a great goalkeeper... lol.

I think Messi will be in perfect age and the others too, to win the world cup! Argentina improves. Sabella seems to be good for Argentina. Beleive me they will be much better than Spain.

Spain doesn't hav e so much talents to win it. Tello cuenca Pedro aren1t and won't be world class player. Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta won't play so well. Xavi is now very slow.

BarcaGirl

Pique: "Ballon d'Or? I'm an unconditional fan of Leo, he stole my heart since I met him at 14 years old. Didn't see anyone better."

I hope Shakira is not jealous now. :p

poldep

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but do the goals tonight against Saudi Arabia count (to beat Muller's 85 goals)
And how many games in total are there still to play in 2012?
Thank you!

Never mind, found out that the goals tonight count and that there are still 12 games left.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

You are trippin' if you think Germany is head and shoulders above Argentina. Please compare Argentina in 2014 with Germany from 2010 when they did so well.

Argentina front 4: Messi, Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria

Germany front 4: Özil, Klose, Müller, Podolski

Argentina central midfield: Mascherano, Banega with Di Maria tucked inside and Messi dropping deep

Germany central midfield: Khedira, Schweinsteiger

Argentina defense: Rojo, FF, Garay, Zabaleta, Romero

Germany defense: Badstuber, Mertesacker, Friedrich, Lahm, Neuer

Please don't tell me that you think Germany is better on any position except rightback and goalkeeper. :lol:

When you have Messi, Higuain, Agüero and Di Maria upfront, you can outscore anyone, even if the defense doesn't hold together.

You are forgetting Reus, Kroos, Hummels for example. Those 3 will be in the 11. World class players. Argentina players in defence are all far worse than german ones. So is the keeper. A midfield with Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Khedira is so much better that central defender Masche and Banega. C´mon. Let´s get real.

The only area were Arentina is world class is in the 4 atackers: messi, di maria, aguero and Higuain.

" When you have Messi, Higuain, Agüero and Di Maria upfront, you can outscore anyone, even if the defense doesn't hold together. "

Really? In 2010 there were Messi, di maria, tevez and Higuain and they were trashed 4.0.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...10-07-03.svg/300px-ARG-GER_2010-07-03.svg.png

Who´s trippin now? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans