10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Never mind, found out that the goals tonight count and that there are still 12 games left.

12 for Barcelona. Messi will not play Alavés at home. And i doubt that he plays both Copa matches in mid december. Maybe 10 out of 12.

J

jtmx12

If you think that Spain are going to win every tournament for the next 10 years then you're absolutely retarded

If anyone can beat Spain, it's Messi.
:lol:

If you dear to call someone retarded, then at least read a post properly and don't act like one. I never said 10 years, I said 6.

I never said that Spain will win everything from now on, but they have a high chance to do so - more than any other national team right now, mainly because they have a bunch of top players playing in the best teams and most of them are young and will be able to play in the next 2 world cups. While Argentina has only a strong attack, Spain has also a great young attack, midfield, defense and goalkeeper. But those are not playing much right now because legends such as Xavi, Iniesta, Casillas, Villa are taking their spots. That will change as they get older, but Spain will remain with a strong 11.

However, there's a high chance that Argentina will just get raped by another great team such as Germany earlier - as that's what happened before - so may not need to face Spain at all. Spain can face the same destiny with any other team, but at least they have right now a strong eleven, and it will be like that in 4 years, and in the next 6 years they will still keep a strong 11 which gives them a lot more chances than Argentina to keep winning.

And as I've said before, Messi may be the best right now, but in 6 years he may not be that good so don't act like every coach from Argentina and don't put all your hopes in a single player.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

bcz57n

bd01xd

Leo10

Argentina doesn't need to be the best team out there to win the world cup. They don't have to face every top-tier team Brazil, Germany, Spain.

A possible scenario is they meet some second tier team in the 1/4 finals, Czech Republic or Russia for example. 1/2 final they get a good (equal to them in quality) opponent like France or the Netherlands.
In the final they face Spain and after 90 scoreless minutes Iniesta scores on the 114 minute. :pep: Argentina can outscore Spain on a good day.

Paganinisrvnge

Argentina are wayyyy better than the Argentina at the 2010 world cup. The only reason they got thrashed by Germany was because Maradona played like 1 midfielder. I honestly think Argentina could have gotten at least 3rd place if Maradona had selected Walter Samuel, Javier Zanetti, and Esteban Cambiasso. Those 3 were essential to Inter's treble but Maradona was an idiot and ignored them. Argentina will get to at least the semis of the 2014 world cup. Mark my words.

poldep

Argentina is really good at the moment. They just don't have a great GK. Hey but what else is new.. :valdes: :D

big_man

If you dear to call someone retarded, then at least read a post properly and don't act like one. I never said 10 years, I said 6.

I never said that Spain will win everything from now on, but they have a high chance to do so - more than any other national team right now, mainly because they have a bunch of top players playing in the best teams and most of them are young and will be able to play in the next 2 world cups. While Argentina has only a strong attack, Spain has also a great young attack, midfield, defense and goalkeeper. But those are not playing much right now because legends such as Xavi, Iniesta, Casillas, Villa are taking their spots. That will change as they get older, but Spain will remain with a strong 11.

However, there's a high chance that Argentina will just get raped by another great team such as Germany earlier - as that's what happened before - so may not need to face Spain at all. Spain can face the same destiny with any other team, but at least they have right now a strong eleven, and it will be like that in 4 years, and in the next 6 years they will still keep a strong 11 which gives them a lot more chances than Argentina to keep winning.

And as I've said before, Messi may be the best right now, but in 6 years he may not be that good so don't act like every coach from Argentina and don't put all your hopes in a single player.

That will be the same Germany that got ruthlessly outplayed and picked apart at will by a good but not great Italian side who then got anhillated at the euros right? They are a laughably overrated team that is getting plaudits from trashing the likes of san marino at the qualifiers but get soundly beaten whenever they face a decent team that isn't Maradona's Argentina or the equally overrated England team.
I'm sorry, but you sound like a cliche spouting machine that is overloaded with sound bites and not looking at the facts. The fact is this, there is Spain and the rest, and Spain aren't that far ahead themselves, they can go out to any of the top 6 teams as Portugal almost showed.
Spain winning the World cup is by no means as likely as it was in 2010, especially considering it's in bloody South America. The Argies certainly do not need a world class defense to win it. They just need to be organized, something which they are starting to do. Their attack pisses on any other nation, including spain, and if they get a fucntional back 4 and midfield they can go all the way.

X

xaviniesta

Pique: "Ballon d'Or? I'm an unconditional fan of Leo, he stole my heart since I met him at 14 years old. Didn't see anyone better."

I hope Shakira is not jealous now. :p

yeah right. when pique first saw messi, when messi first went to the dressing room and pique like he is the funny guy yelled over the room 'who is this little fella, he looks like my younger brother' :rofl1:

messi9c.jpg

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

Argentina is really good at the moment. They just don't have a great GK. Hey but what else is new.. :valdes: :D

i thin romero is very talented keeper and valdes is very good too. but what the heck i know, i don't live in this fantasy world...

P

Patty2720

I think Messi will score over 90 goals in 2012 !

His current average is 1,29 goals per game in 2012 he will play 11 more, so 11x1,29 = 14 goals! so 76+14 = 90 : D

K

kroki22

Argentina doesn't need to be the best team out there to win the world cup. They don't have to face every top-tier team Brazil, Germany, Spain.

A possible scenario is they meet some second tier team in the 1/4 finals, Czech Republic or Russia for example. 1/2 final they get a good (equal to them in quality) opponent like France or the Netherlands.
In the final they face Spain and after 90 scoreless minutes Iniesta scores on the 114 minute. :pep: Argentina can outscore Spain on a good day.

I don't think that Spain will reach the final. Argentina become a very good team. Iniesta will play, but he won't score. Messi must win the world cup. Argentina is capable to do this.

Me55i D105

El Confindenciala reports that Messi might have slapped Villa after the Mallorca game. Apparently Villa didn't celebrate when Messi scored which started a heated discussion after the game whereupon the slap occurred.

This makes me sad, used to be so happy and now not so much. Hope they patch things up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans