10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We need him fresh for the Milan game, but the problem is we'll probably lose to Deportivo without him in our current form. Brilliant goal today, by the way.

Kerrybai

Would be funny if he starts playing Amazing with Argentina.
He is. He looks exceptional for then, 12 goals in his last 10 NT games. Messi is not the problem, it's a collective one. The players are looking for direction from the management and it's not there.

ammarfcb

ze special one
nothing wrong with messi. No team mates to play with, thats the issue

that's weird because iniesta is playing much better than him. shouldn't that affect messi too?

he just needs to realize or the managment need to realize that we need him in attack not midfield. we do not need an extra midfielder, we need the needed CF

I don't think the blame should be on any player. We probably have the players to win the CL. We have perhaps one of the best players ever, and the two best midfielders in the world. We have a good bit of depth as well.
The main problem, IMO, is the lack of a coach. That, and the team is experiencing a dip in form.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He equalled Di Stefano today, and scored for the 16th time in a row in la liga.

Me55i D105

Has to suck equalling the record and losing, imagine if they would've gotten the penalty and he scored :D. This team needs more cardio and more pass training, players shouldn't be tired and especially not when playing for Barcelona. Something has to change and I hope everyone sees it, this is unacceptable.

Cule4life

The Culest
The false 9 is dead. All good things must come to an end. His insistence on playing in the center is killing us. The mngt has to put its foot down. No player is bigger than the team. We need a CF to be a threat in the box. Messi dropping into the midfield is not helping us. Villa will be sold this summer so we must think of getting a CF while moving Messi to the wings to provide unpredictability and a plan B.

frostdude1

Yeah Messi needs to play on the right.

I would honestly do this against Milan, why not? We have nothing to lose!!

------------ Busquets -----------
------- Xavi -------- Iniesta -----
Messi -------- Cesc --------- Villa

Kerrybai

The false 9 is dead. All good things must come to an end. His insistence on playing in the center is killing us. The mngt has to put its foot down. No player is bigger than the team. We need a CF to be a threat in the box. Messi dropping into the midfield is not helping us. Villa will be sold this summer so we must think of getting a CF while moving Messi to the wings to provide unpredictability and a plan B.

Where did you hear that he insists on playing in the middle? I assumed he was just doing what the management asked him to do.

footyfan

Calma, calma
We created maybe 3-4 chances/half chances throughout the game and he was involved directly in all of them. The dependence is too much and him dropping back so deep (and all the time too) is just hurting the team even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans