10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meitux

for Alves Haters.

Dani Alves directly assisted 72 Barcelona goals (5th season, ongoing)... That's more assists than Ronaldinho (62 in 5 seasons at Barca).
33 of the 72 went to Messi!
i heard ''the best attack is defense''and dani alves in this vital thing is the worst RB defending i can see in top teams now...

K

Karnivore

Messi comes back to midfield because he's tired of getting no service up front because he makes zero effort to provide a target and the midfielders are afraid to pass to a motionless stump with two centerbacks standing off his back ready to poach him.

Bit of both.

Messi's lathargic movement and unwillingness to run behind the defence doesn't help, yet at the same time the midfield are very relucatant to even try the ball anyway. It was Alves who put him through yesterday, i've seen Messi make that run before and Xavi has ignored him.

What matters is not the past.

Well, offensively, Alves has been good recently. I feel like he still has something to offer the team, I don't think we should sell him. I agree with many that we shouldn't start him and Alba together though. Bayern use 2 offensive fullbacks and still have a great defensive record, so we might be able to find a way to do it , but for now, we should use Alves/Abidal (maybe Alves/Montoya, as Montoya can play on the left) or Alba/Montoya IMO. Alternating between the 2 would be the best option.

Last edited:

aaron101

The good thing about bayern s their fullbacks are better than ours when defending. And also they know when to go forward. Alves spend most of his time on the right wing as if he's a winger wherein Lahm and Alaba goes forward when only needed and they don't go forward at the same as as Alba and Alves.

Alves gets the ball more than Pedro as if Pedro is fullback and Alves is winger. Also Alves never povides overlapping runs to Pedro. He should also try to do what Alba is doing on the left flank.

CesDel

He's more naturally talented than Ronado, but Ronaldo's desire and hunger to win football matches is head and shoulders above Messi. The different in the two teams urgency helps though.

If anyone noticed, the one and onyl time Messi got in behind the Real defence in 180 mins, they scored. About time he stopped pissing around in midfield.

Don't agree. I just belive that it's easier for Cristiano Ronaldo because he only has to face defender, who is pretty slow, while Messi has to face 3-4 defenders and sometimes even more..

1629myc.jpg

And it's not like Messi doesn't do those runs as well, proven by the fact that he did it yesterday like you said, its just that Messi is marked more tightly than C.Ronaldo

K

Karnivore

Yesterday Ronaldo had a similar position where he just tore through the Barcelona midfield/defence, and they were all shit scared.

Messi doesn't make many of those runs, he needs to committ players, when he's on the run there's nothing more terrifying. Instead he opts to just pass it about like the rest of the team.

Someone should be tkaing the game by the scruff of the neck, and none more so than Messi.

CesDel

And how often does Ronaldo do that? once in every 10 games? I only remember him doing that once before against us and that was in the final of the copa del rey(and even in that one he only really got past 1 player). Otherwise most of the times he has the ball it's on the counter where he only has to face 1 defender. Where as with Messi it's the other way around, most of the times has to face 3-4 and once in every 10 game does he get to face only 1 defender...

And the few times that Ronaldo do those kind of runs, its on the counters. Meaning that every defender are out of position, making it easier to get past players. While Messi has to do those runs when a team has parked 10 player inside their own half ergo it's harder for Messi to do them..

I mean, just look what Messi can do by himself when he has the opportunity to counter

But even then its very hard to get past that many defender and it would be pretty stupid for him to do those runs every time, for the simple fact that he would be losing alot more balls than he do now and as you know, he already loses the ball more than any other player because he already tries to dribble more than any other players..

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Yesterday Ronaldo had a similar position where he just tore through the Barcelona midfield/defence, and they were all shit scared.

Messi doesn't make many of those runs, he needs to committ players, when he's on the run there's nothing more terrifying. Instead he opts to just pass it about like the rest of the team.

Someone should be tkaing the game by the scruff of the neck, and none more so than Messi.

He's been taking games by the scruff of the neck all season.

bei0wbwccaebfob.jpg

K

Karnivore

Surprised Ronaldo aint in there, even though the rest of his team mates actually make telling contributions without the glory goals.

J

jiopi

Add assists to that, and Messi has been directly involved in goals and carrying Barca more than Maradona did in Napoli.

KhaledBarca

What matters is not the past.

Past?
Dani Alves had a bad start this season, but in 2013 he has improved.

Defensive mistakes are not because of Alves, Pique, Masche not even Alba.
Its the whole system, playing with 2 attacking fullbacks and not finding a way to balance between attacking and defending...

By the way:
Most Barcelona assists in 2013: Alves 6 - Messi 5 - Iniesta 5 - Thiago 5.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Messi actually did make several good things except for the goal, such as the pass to Pedro and the one for Villa's chance, but he (like our other attackers) is barely involved in attacking play...
He's been taking games by the scruff of the neck all season.

bei0wbwccaebfob.jpg

'cracker'
tumblr_ma3t8f2Nxg1r3kkje.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans