10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BXI Fútbol

Are we really discussing the Balon d'Or in March? The only thing that matters is the team getting its shit together and destroying Milan next week. I feel like some people here are less culés and more anti-madristas.

Me55i D105

Are we really discussing the Balon d'Or in March? The only thing that matters is the team getting its shit together and destroying Milan next week. I feel like some people here are less culés and more anti-madristas.

Maybe so but they go hand in hand, Balon D'or and Barca. If Messi leads Barca to trophies, he will get awards. Therefore Barcas success is Messis Success and vice versa. The argument is, if he is egoistic like some people say then he will benefit from playing better and thus potentially making Barca win trophies. If he isn't and only thinks about the benefit of the club and how he can contribute then he also has to help the team, fight in matches, motivate others and score goals which in turn will make him also win awards.

Both Barca and he benefit from success and it's relevant to keep it in the discussion. Also this page is dedicated to Messi where such a discussion should take place. Team discussion can be discussed in other places.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Maybe so but they go hand in hand, Balon D'or and Barca. If Messi leads Barca to trophies, he will get awards. Therefore Barcas success is Messis Success and vice versa. The argument is, if he is egoistic like some people say then he will benefit from playing better and thus potentially making Barca win trophies. If he isn't and only thinks about the benefit of the club and how he can contribute then he also has to help the team, fight in matches, motivate others and score goals which in turn will make him also win awards.

Both Barca and he benefit from success and it's relevant to keep it in the discussion. Also this page is dedicated to Messi where such a discussion should take place. Team discussion can be discussed in other places.

Honestly with all that Messi's done, do you really think that he or anyone else should care if he doesn't win the ballon d'or one year? This is a Messi thread but Ballon d'or being the main discussion isn't the best way to go ESPECIALLY considering that it's march. What discussions should be going on are ones about how we can improve Messi's performance along with the entire team to get back up to form. It's best to think about the problem at hand rather than thinking way ahead about something that we can't possibly predict.

MVBarcaFan

If Messi's year isn't that successful and Ronaldo turns out to be better this season, I would love to see CR7's face if someone like Ibra beat him for the Ballon D'Or.

F

Flavia

@TeamMessi
This afternoon Leo will be live on @teammessi for an exclusive Q&A session. Send your question now adding #askmessi pic.twitter.com/hOFPOuggU2

xavisionary

Kind of feels like the spotlight in world football has briefly lifted from Messi and is now shining on Iniesta, CR7 and Varane. I really fancy him to score a hat trick against Milan in response. :messi:

ShandyFFM

Dont you guys think its time again for messi to make an other incredible performence so everybody in this world would shut their mouth about leo not being good at the latest big matches.. I can only pray that he will be on fire ang get the space that he deserves against milan in the cl.. Althoug i would love to see that don andres will be more decisive
for barca ... A player like him should be able to score way more goals.. Did he ever score a hattrick? think he needs to change his game a bit from spectacular to more efficient

King Leo

Banned
$5,250,000 USD for that Golden foot

By the way I was gonna post a picture once of his left foot in this forum from a shoe-company commercial he once did just to show it but thought people would be disgusted by the fungal nail toe he's got. To me, Please Leo keep your shoe on and score more goals.

Last edited:

mixer

BEr5nuWCMAEX_eP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans