10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShandyFFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBUsh5ESXjI

Is this fake or was Messi really ofside for his second goal.

http://vimeo.com/61676568#at=0

def a fake if you ask me... watch his second goal you can see when he gets the ball he is nowhere near the point he is in the marca video... total bullshit again from marca

although bad quality as usual when it comes to **** like this from marca... and it seems really strange that all other players look like their are in position but messi.. even the barca attackers...

pause the vid i posted at 2:34 ... in the marca vid messi is still standing 2meters behind the defenders...

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They are always tight on him. The difference yesterday was that instead of dwelling on the ball and doing his usual cut-in-play-1-2, he passed it off quickly most of the time - thus allowing the midfielders to thread first time passes to the forwards/Dani Alves. The defenders had to quickly readjust to pressure the player on the ball and the threat of leaving other players open is what pulled Milan defenders back.

Even still, I watched the game again today and there's almost always 2 players closing in on him as he's about to receive the ball. There was nothing they could do about the goals. I felt Milan did an OK job on him, they pressured him into losing the ball on more than one occasion. He's just genius sometimes.

Mexes let's him cut in twice when he knows damn well what he's going to do, which is why it's poor. Not disputing Messi's outstanding finishing on both the goals, but Mexes needs to do alot better. He had space on plenty of occasions when Ambrosini gambled to take the ball & was caught.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Mexes let's him cut in twice when he knows damn well what he's going to do, which is why it's poor. Not disputing Messi's outstanding finishing on both the goals, but Mexes needs to do alot better. He had space on plenty of occasions when Ambrosini gambled to take the ball & was caught.

Mexes is trying to stop him for the second, just doesn't have enough time to do it. At first he takes a small step to the left to compensate for Constant being about 1 and a half meter out of position (in order to prevent him from being able to run past him there), and then as soon as he's done that he lunges to prevent the block. That defensive work would be enough 999 times out of 1000, if not more.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
People were saying Messi didnt want to give his shirt to El Shaarawy, when Messi just asked to do it on the dressing room.

I thought that it was clear enough by now that Messi almost always trades shirts in the dressing room... He always makes the same pointing sign when asked about it, in fact, I can only recall once or twice when he did it right there on the spot and if I'm not mistaken it was with his fellow countrymen...

Papabeef

I know what you mean but sometimes you have to look at it from a different angle, Mexes didnt really "let him cut in twice" he got outwitted simply.

IMO there are two types of space for players, spaces given by other team (big tactical mistake obviously) and spaces "taken" by players, when you got someone with great dribbling and/or movements (off and on the ball) its bound to happen a few times here and there.

Irish_Cules

I'm not really sure how to put this into words but is that not a bit disrespectful to Milan fans? You're just threw away a huge advantage and lost 4-0 and you go and post a picture of Messi's shirt a few hours later on twitter praising him? It reminds a bit of Andre Santos asking for Van Persie's shirt at half time, although nowhere near as bad obviously.

F

Flavia

I thought that it was clear enough by now that Messi almost always trades shirts in the dressing room... He always makes the same pointing sign when asked about it, in fact, I can only recall once or twice when he did it right there on the spot and if I'm not mistaken it was with his fellow countrymen...

And I think that has something to do with adidas. Messi was wearing a hypercool baselayer from nike, and maybe he's forbidden to be photographed wearing that by contract, as it's not a Barça shirt, and has a big nike logo on it.

BarcaGirl

I'm not really sure how to put this into words but is that not a bit disrespectful to Milan fans? You're just threw away a huge advantage and lost 4-0 and you go and post a picture of Messi's shirt a few hours later on twitter praising him? It reminds a bit of Andre Santos asking for Van Persie's shirt at half time, although nowhere near as bad obviously.

El Shaarawy just posted this on his facebook because he wanted to clarify, that Messi didn't refuse to swap shirts with him. :)

Papabeef

El Shaarawy just posted this on his facebook because he wanted to clarify, that Messi didn't refuse to swap shirts with him. :)

Always liked that guy, nice dude with a bright future ahead of him.

He chose to make a few fans upset in order to get this issue straightened and not let Messi rot in more rumors of how terrible a person he is.

J

jiopi

Last edited:

Garrus

Messi's trademark used to be 'over the keeper' goals, Now it's timing the shot just as the defenders spread their legs, I can't count how many times he already did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans