10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AURELIUS

They will be fired up against Messi, and hope to get momentum against Argentina. If Argentina manages to get win there, then they are clear WC contenders for me. I hope they will get it, but we'll see.

All I am hoping for is that the referee whoever it is clamps down on the sorts of fouls Venezuela were committing and getting away with last night. If Argentina play as they have been (and they were not at their best last night) they should still have far too much for Bolivia even if Higuain and Aguero are absent. Let the ball do the talking and the walking... ;)

E

El Messiah 10

No Higuain, no Di Maria, no Aguero? ....if you say right I think Argentina play with Messi-Lavezzi-Palacio.

J

jiopi

I think Lavezzi looked really sluggish against Venezuela so I don't know.

23jq03t.jpg

AURELIUS

I think Lavezzi looked really sluggish against Venezuela so I don't know.

23jq03t.jpg

He wasn't sluggish at all. Showed some tremendous pace at times but sometimes his final passes were off although involved in goal number one. And his defensive coverage as oppsoed to di Maria is not in the same bracket.

As soon as all the players are fit , for me he would be at best a fringe player.

AURELIUS

Yeah, I hope so too. Btw, what's the situation with Di Maria?

He was suspended for the match against Venuzuela but he'll be available for Bolivia and fresh. When Rojo decided to stay at home in the second half there was a lack of width down the left.

First half Rojo and Lavezzi did compensate. Strangely no overlaps on the flank with the running player going on and beyond the ball carrier. Barring once when Zabaleta was put through and then opted to pass instead of shooting , presumably because he does favour his left.

KhaledBarca

Most goals this season (club+country, Europe's top5 leagues):
MESSI 61
C.Ronaldo 46
Ibrahimovic 35
Luis Suarez 32
Falcao 32

Most assists this season (club+country, Europe's top5 leagues):
Mata 26
INIESTA 20
Ozil 19
Hazard 18
Ribery 17
MESSI 16

Most goals+assists this season (club+country, Europe's top5 leagues):
MESSI 77
C.Ronaldo 55
Ibrahimovic 47
Mata 44
Luis Suarez 40

J

jiopi

He wasn't sluggish at all. Showed some tremendous pace at times but sometimes his final passes were off although involved in goal number one. And his defensive coverage as oppsoed to di Maria is not in the same bracket.

As soon as all the players are fit , for me he would be at best a fringe player.
Yeah, maybe sluggish was the wrong word, but he lacked the cutting edge. A lot of trying without something productive.

KhaledBarca

Finally. Messi joined Cr7 on top of the list for Most goals in Year 2013.
Cr7 had 5-6 goals lead few weeks ago!

Most goals in 2013 (club+country):
- Messi 21
- Cr7 21
- Jackson Martinez 15
- Luis Suarez 14
- Bale 12

KhaledBarca

Basically on course for another 91 I guess, im wondering if he beats his 82 from last season.
Not sure about the 91 (calendar year).
But, I think he will score 80+ this season (Messi has a very good chance to beat his personal/world record from last season).

he needs 22 goals in (15-18) remaining games this season (ARG: 3, Barca: 12-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans