10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark

They were asking for oxygen the way you ask for water in a normal game. Good thing he doesnt have to play there for another or 4 years.

ShandyFFM

18 to 10 shots 66% to 34 % posession for bolivia... says it all i guess.... but why no lavezzi at the end =)??? sabella really wanted to park the bus and play only on counterattacks

barcanuck

We're in bad shape for the PSG game I must say. Messi puking in both matches. Meanwhile Ibra rested, Lavezzi sat on the bench in Boliva. Pastore didn't even get called up. Not to mention Pedro + Alba injured.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I really don't understand why fifa lets Bolivia keep playing at La Paz. The good thing is that they won't qualify, even resorting to that.

Resorting to that? Man, they don't have any other choice really... All of their main cities are well above 2500 meters, they are one of the few countries in the world without a coast and the low altitude parts of the country are scarcely populated and don't contribute much to their economy, so what can they do about it? It sure gives them an edge when playing football, but it's not some evil plan to win at all costs...

FIFA once conducted research on high altitude games and tried to enforce some rules after that, but as expected Bolivia cried murder, and rightly so because they have no choice... It's just unfortunate that the geography of their country is not optimal for playing sports...

spark

BGUEvu-CUAAkIyN.jpg

We're in bad shape for the PSG game I must say. Messi puking in both matches. Meanwhile Ibra rested, Lavezzi sat on the bench in Boliva. Pastore didn't even get called up. Not to mention Pedro + Alba injured.

We can deal with Pedro's absence and even Alba's (though he may be back for the PSG game). We're not exactly in the best situation though.

F

Flavia

Resorting to that? Man, they don't have any other choice really... All of their main cities are well above 2500 meters, they are one of the few countries in the world without a coast and the low altitude parts of the country are scarcely populated and don't contribute much to their economy, so what can they do about it? It sure gives them an edge when playing football, but it's not some evil plan to win at all costs...

FIFA once conducted research on high altitude games and tried to enforce some rules after that, but as expected Bolivia cried murder, and rightly so because they have no choice... It's just unfortunate that the geography of their country is not optimal for playing sports...

Actually, it is. Some board member from FBF have said they keep playing at la paz because it gives them an edge, even with a stadium in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, at 428m of altitude(their 2nd biggest stadium, right after the one in la paz). They do have choices, they just chose what gives them an unfair edge. The geographic excuse is non existent.

King Leo

Banned
On Messi puking during the game reminds me of Jamie Foxx the footballer in Any Given Sunday :lol:.

On the thin air playing conditions in La Paz, I totally agree that Bolivia will always have that advantage until the Fifa takes serious action and not allow this health hazard to continue. You can get a heart attack from this.
And speaking of playing conditions, I can't imagine how playing the World Cup in Qatar is safe? I can't stand anything to do with Qatar anymore.

On the upcoming game in Paris, oh yeh we're really screwed this time. Ibra is back, Levezzi rested today and in the meanwhile we pickup up more injuries during the Fifa games.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Actually, it is. Some board member from FBF have said they keep playing at la paz because it gives them an edge, even with a stadium in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, at 428m of altitude(their 2nd biggest stadium, right after the one in la paz). They do have choices, they just chose what gives them an unfair edge. The geographic excuse is non existent.

It's a bit unfair that you are making out that Bolivia is doing this against the will of everyone else. Fifa banned the use of the stadium in La Paz but every South American country excluding Brazil chose to ignore it.

Do you remember this chairty match that was also a semi protest against the ban? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7302020.stm

Maradona -Upon his arrival in La Paz at the chairty match Maradona said the ban was "ridiculous and shameful" and a "political issue".

Even after the 6-1 defeat Maradona did not blame the altitude.

Kerrybai

On Messi puking during the game reminds me of Jamie Foxx the footballer in Any Given Sunday :lol:.

On the thin air playing conditions in La Paz, I totally agree that Bolivia will always have that advantage until the Fifa takes serious action and not allow this health hazard to continue. You can get a heart attack from this.
And speaking of playing conditions, I can't imagine how playing the World Cup in Qatar is safe? I can't stand anything to do with Qatar anymore.

On the upcoming game in Paris, oh yeh we're really screwed this time. Ibra is back, Levezzi rested today and in the meanwhile we pickup up more injuries during the Fifa games.

Fifa did take action. They banned it but CONMEBOL protested so the ban was lifted. The altitude ban ship has sailed. Thankfully Messi won't play there again for quite some time.

F

Flavia

It's a bit unfair that you are making out that Bolivia is doing this against the will of everyone else. Fifa banned the use of the stadium in La Paz but every South American country excluding Brazil chose to ignore it.

Do you remember this chairty match that was also a semi protest against the ban? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7302020.stm

Maradona -Upon his arrival in La Paz at the chairty match Maradona said the ban was "ridiculous and shameful" and a "political issue".

Even after the 6-1 defeat Maradona did not blame the altitude.

That's politics, and maradona is the last one to be taken seriously about those issues. Conmebol was wrong about this, and I still don't understand why they took that stand. Anyway, Bolivia can still choose to play in santa cruz de la sierra, but they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans