10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Don't want to be the bringer of bad news but did anyone notice how he didn't pass Villa and Villa not passing him. Villa didn't seem happy with the goals even though he was there in the mix, I think he will leave next summer. Very unfortunate, use to love the happiness in the team, but not so much these days. Something is definitely wrong.
Messi attempt some passes to Villa, and Villa to him as well, today. You're trying to find problem where there is none.

J

jtmx12

Never heard that before. :zzz:

And both tried to pass to each other at least once.

They tried once actually. Nothing else. I remember one of them, where Villa tried to assist Messi, but Messi didn't even try to run as he would normally do, like if he knew Villa wouldn't pass him the ball.

I remember bringing it up before, but pretty much a guy from this forum told me I was just talking crap. Well the history goes on, and it keeps happening in every match. Everyone from Barca say the whole thing is just non sense crap - the last one was Pedro Rodriguez saying that they just laugh about it. However, their actions says the opposite.

I hope this is just happening because Messi wants the Muller Record so badly and that's it. Otherwise, Good Luck to Villa in another team, where he will be feel more important in his last good years.

Last edited:

Me55i D105

But I don't get it, how does Villa go from being very happy the season when we won almost everything to being sad after his leg problem.

He still scores, but doesn't seem happy. Something is wrong, either in his relation to the players in Barca or something in his personal life. I might be finding problems where they don't exist but their actions show that something is wrong.

Last edited:

Yannick03

But I don't get it, how does Villa go from being very happy the season when we won almost everything to being sad after his leg problem.

He still scores, but doesn't seem happy. Something is wrong, either in his relation to the players in Barca or something in his personal life. I might be finding problems where they don't exist but their actions show that something is wrong.

Simple explanation. Villa isn't playing good the last couple of matches. He has no problem with Leo but he is dissapionted in his own performances, that's why he doesnt celebrate heavily. Also, when Messi passed to Villa, Villa clapped his hands He wouldn't be doing that if he hate Leo. He's just not happy with his recent performances and I can understand why.

Dont't search for problems which just aren't there.

Paganinisrvnge

Villa does seem kind of pissed lately but like other posters have stated; it's probably just being he's been a bit poor in his past few matches. I would be concerned if he was scoring and still seemed pissed. Let's hope he starts scoring again soon.

T

tariqo

2 good goals + great assist to song

But some still prefer to talk about what villa feel

LOL

Me55i D105

Simple explanation. Villa isn't playing good the last couple of matches. He has no problem with Leo but he is dissapionted in his own performances, that's why he doesnt celebrate heavily. Also, when Messi passed to Villa, Villa clapped his hands He wouldn't be doing that if he hate Leo. He's just not happy with his recent performances and I can understand why.

Dont't search for problems which just aren't there.

Possible explanation, but the thing is he has had some good matches where he scored, there is no reason to act like that. I have watched his goal recently and he is not thrilled he has score and seems frustrated at time which is understandable but not something I would expect from Villa, thinking back of the time he first came. I hope I am wrong and things will be better, but a seed of doubt might grow big as it has for me and made me think.

2 good goals + great assist to song

But some still prefer to talk about what villa feel

LOL

True, but we just want a good atmosphere in the team. A team should support each other and be happy, at least on the pitch. Outside of that I don't care, but when I watch I don't want to see negative thing, it should be a happy occasion. A happy team is a good team and a winning team, and a unhappy team (see Real) will sooner or later lose focus and lose unless something happens.

Last edited:
P

Patty2720

He's improving !

37 games and 50 goals - 1,35 %
12 games and 17 goals - 1,42 %

:D

Paganinisrvnge

Amazing. Shame he only has one hattrick so far this season. I think Messi will get at least 55-60 goals again this season. I'm not sure about 70 again but who knows. When he scored 47 people didn't think he'd score more so he scored 53 and then people didn't think he could match that again and he scored 73. Maybe he'll score 80. I expect him to turn on Beast mode in the 2nd half of the season as usual. I just hope he can continue it all the way through the end of the season.

P

Patty2720

Amazing. Shame he only has one hattrick so far this season. I think Messi will get at least 55-60 goals again this season. I'm not sure about 70 again but who knows. When he scored 47 people didn't think he'd score more so he scored 53 and then people didn't think he could match that again and he scored 73. Maybe he'll score 80. I expect him to turn on Beast mode in the 2nd half of the season as usual. I just hope he can continue it all the way through the end of the season.
In all competitions:

2011-12: 60 games and 73 goals - 1,2166 %
2012-13: 18 games and 22 goals - 1,2222 %

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember some guys were saying at half time that he wasn't even MoM. And that's after scoring and creating his goal and setting up Song for another.
Some people lost all touch with reality that they've gotten to take goals and assists for granted and value whatever seems smart to them at the time in pathetic attempt to sound smart and not "obvious".
Maybe they are just ungrateful. Or their reality escapes me altogether. Either way, it makes me sick and sad to having to witness such "fans" emerge at this forums.

raskolnikov

More than 70 seems unlikely simply because barca is playing less games (hoping he stays fit of course) than last year.
60+ is very realistic though, at this rate he might even break the 50 la liga goals from last years.
I still cant believe that goal scoring ratio in modern day football,even a few years ago with 25 goals you were one hell of a striker and you had the most amazing season of your career.
And messi is destroying that, 17 out of 12 is insane, especially considering how consistent he is.

If we were to nitpick his play though, the only thing that has changed in my eyes is him losing the ball more often than he used to, he has xavi like vision and it showed in previous years but currently you see him lose the ball more often trough a bad pass or just losing it when attempting a dribble which was rare before.
I think he will pick it up though eventually this season but overall im extremely pleased with his overall performances and effectiveness like any other culé.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
literally everything positive offensivly we do goes through Messi.. if he does not score, assist, or beat a lot of men then play a good pass, we do not get close to the gol.. I have never in my life seen a team depend so heavily on someone to get the attack going...

lessthanjake

I am becoming more and more convinced that Messi is absolutely the greatest player ever, and certainly has the highest peak of any player.

The man dribbles as well as Maradona, gets into position and shoots as accurately as Gerd Muller, and in the last year and a half has been giving through balls like Michael Laudrup (particularly last season). That combination is about as much of an unstoppable goal-scoring/creating combination as possible.

To add to that, he is a fantastic short possession passer. No, he's not Xavi, but you really do have to be a world-class possession passer to fit into the passing scheme at present-day Barca. Very, very few midfielders in the world could do it, and Messi absolutely can fall back into the midfield and fit in.Yes, he loses the ball more than the others, but that is because he goes on runs and tries through balls more, not because his short passing isn't on par. Think about this. Messi is a forward who also ranked 9th in La Liga last year in passes per match and 6th in the Champions League (with 80.9 passes per match in the CL, at an 87% success rate). That is absurd and largely unheard of involvement in possession for a forward.

Similarly, he has a real good work rate for a star forward. He certainly has some games where his work rate isn't very good (as you'd expect from a star forward playing 60 matches a season + NT matches), but the Barca system involves an insane amount of pressing, and usually Messi is well involved in this. You certainly see him tracking back and pressing more than you saw from most other players among the best ever (since most of them were star forwards like Pele or purely offensive AMs like Zidane).

So in my mind, here's what we have. Between his dribbling ability, positioning, and accuracy, Messi is possibly the best goalscorer ever. Between his dribbling ability and through balls, he is possibly the best forward ever at directly creating goals for others. His involvement in the possession game is unheard of for forwards, and his work rate is far above average for a star forward.

I just can't justify putting anyone ahead of him. Pele had similar goalscoring and was a great passer, but I think Messi's superior dribbling allows him to create more for the team than Pele could. Maradona's direct creation for others through dribbling and through balls was similar (for those who think Maradona was better in this regard, watch videos of Messi's through balls last year; it truly is on par with Maradona), while his contribution to the possession game was even better. However, Messi was a far better goalscorer, which IMO definitely is more important. I'd also say Messi's work rate was a bit better. Cruyff's creation for others was pretty similar, as was his contribution to short passing. His work rate was even better than Messi's, but Messi's edge in goalscoring puts him ahead again in my view. There are others who people might list as the best ever, but those are the main people. I just don't think any of them can match Messi's combination of goalscoring, dribbling, and through balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans