10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

loozy

I don't know loozy, match fitness is a hard thing to mesure/tell. I have seen Messi getting pretty rusty before. At this critical juncture, I am just praying that he will be like his usual self and give his 120% along with the rest of the team on Tuesday. I am also surrounded by a bunch of Bayern fans, I'd hate to see the smirks on their faces! :unwell2:

I just got a bunch of WhatsApps full of smirks and pictures of happy Bayern-players... :angry:

I don't doubt that he won't give his all and I also think that even when he is not at 100% match fitness, he will still be able to scare the shit of Bayern's defense. Even it is only to draw attention away from Villa/Pedro/whoever.

Garrus

keep-calm-and-unleash-the-beast-5.png
Thank you, I think i'll take this :evil:

mixer

He hasnt played only one match and is training daily. How the hell can he forget how to play football at this level?

loozy

He hasnt played only one match and is training daily. How the hell can he forget how to play football at this level?

As the GOAT, he is also the greatest at forgetting his skills and everything at the fastest speed possible.

Galning

Who was that guy who told me players lost match fitness after 3 days without training? I'm sure he disagrees with you on that as well :lol:

barcanuck

With Messi being out, it seems we have shifted our focus on making sure we get the clean sheet! We turned a negative into a positive!

Mr Hulot

A rusty Messi is by far our best player, so even if he doesn't produce a classic performance we should be happy that he plays. Unfortunately, injuries are part of this game.

loozy

With Messi being out, it seems we have shifted our focus on making sure we get the clean sheet! We turned a negative into a positive!

So best not to play him on Tuesday, get he clean sheet and then have him tear Bayern apart at the Camp.

Good call to rest Messi IMO. We need to make sure he's at 100% for the Bayern game.

Btw, a player can have a great game their first game back from injury. See Xavi vs Milan in the second leg. Came right back from a 2 week injury (and he wasn't at 100% for 3 weeks, he played on painkillers vs RM) and he was immense.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Brain freeze man, too many ice creams can mess with your head...:lol:

Anyway I can't wait to see Messi again. Watching us without Messi is similar to watching Spain, great football but not enough excitement. Messi is the only footballer who makes me stand up off my seat. As an individual who only began watching Barca for Messi I particularly miss him :blush: Bring on Bayern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans