10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

El Messiah 10

I understand what Karnivore want to say: if he can't play 20-30 minutes today how can he will be ready for Bayern Tuesday??

K

Karnivore

I understand what Karnivore want to say: if he can't play 20-30 minutes today how can he will be ready for Bayern Tuesday??

Exactly. Bayern are a different kettle of fish to Levante too. The intensity levels are no where near as extreme and it would allow him to gage at his pace how comfortable he feels. Can then either be subbed off if it's not working and lessen the blow for further injury or stay on and get some sort of rhythm back in his game.

One lung bursting run on Tuesday night or a quick turn to get away from someone and he could easily damage the injury further. Not just that, but force Barcelona into an early change and a rethink in tactic. Not what you want against them of all sides!

loozy

Because there are still days in between this match and the match on Tuesday? Because the medical staff can assess this so much better than any of us here?

loozy

Exactly. Bayern are a different kettle of fish to Levante too. The intensity levels are no where near as extreme and it would allow him to gage at his pace how comfortable he feels. Can then either be subbed off if it's not working and lessen the blow for further injury or stay on and get some sort of rhythm back in his game.

One lung bursting run on Tuesday night or a quick turn to get away from someone and he could easily damage the injury further. Not just that, but force Barcelona into an early change and a rethink in tactic. Not what you want against them of all sides!

One lung-bursting run from Messi today or a to get away from someone and he could easily damage the injury further. Not just that, but force Barcelona into an early change.

K

Karnivore

One lung-bursting run from Messi today or a to get away from someone and he could easily damage the injury further. Not just that, but force Barcelona into an early change.

Why would he be making those sorts of runs against Levante, and why would it be early if he were subbed on late? If you're trying to troll you're doing an awful job at it.

aki13

He will be competely untested though going into a massive risk. He could get injured again after 10 minutes v Bayern. At least if he had had 20 minutes today we would know if he is of any use.

As it is we will probably see a rusty Messi and then people moaning that he isnt winning the game single handed.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I hope this was the last match this season without the GOAT. We are just a good team without him, but not a best in the world team.

Leo10

keep-calm-and-unleash-the-beast-5.png

tumblr_m4amgetlId1r34ey3o1_1280.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You'd think he was out for months and not just a couple of weeks.

I don't know loozy, match fitness is a hard thing to mesure/tell. I have seen Messi getting pretty rusty before. At this critical juncture, I am just praying that he will be like his usual self and give his 120% along with the rest of the team on Tuesday. I am also surrounded by a bunch of Bayern fans, I'd hate to see the smirks on their faces! :unwell2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans