10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

i hope next season messi will be captain and plays behind 3 players like he does in argentina. i watch every game from argentina and he plays much better there then he does now for barca wich is sad and i think since 2012 the style we play limits messis talents alot.

I agree that the current sytle could be limiting him. He needs to play behind a forward who will occupy the defence for him and open up space.

ryaninho

This what happens when the fans get on one players back for little dip in form. Cesc is low on confidence so can't perform, because every little mistake he does he is torn to shreds so now we have to rely on a not even half fit messi. We should blame ourselves as fans for not accepting things need to change

ShandyFFM

must be the worst game in messis carrer... never seen him losingso many balls dribblings and doing nothing... although his workrate was around 7300 meters ....... bayern average was 12.6... muller did run 13.5 ... you cant play pressing if your striker doesnt go with you

aki13

What is actually going on with this injury?

I mean in the first leg 3 weeks+ ago he damaged a hamstring and continued to jog around until Half Time. He was then all smiles.

It was said it was minor and would be 10 days max.

He comes off the bench 8 days later better but still injured a bit for 30 minutes v PSG.

Then we are told he has done no further damage.

He misses Zaragoza and that is 11 days.

He misses Levante 16-17 days after the injury and is passed fit last minute v Bayern.

He doesn't warm up properly and looks totally unfit. Then is played v Bayern 3 weeks (21 days) after initial injury and looks barely able to run.

All these things seem strange. Was it a lie about 10 days? Did he injure himself bad in the second leg? Was it because he was chucked straight in v Bayern? Is Messi losing confidence in his body?

I am worried whats been going on here

alex88bg

It is a lack of match fitness and no good training after injury is gonna fix it.The best example you have with tennis players if a guy in semis surrenders to another,the other guy will lose sharpness 3 days later and possibly lose,body is used to great stress as athletes and not playing is worse then playing a bit tired,and there u have Messi that was injured for a month.It was clubs responsibility and their alone.Can u imagine what is going through messis mind when he sees the terrible bunch that cant play properly without him with bad opposition..It makes him willing to risk his career for them,and thats where i start to hate our management.You have the ebst player in the history of the sport and you deal with problems in this way ?! Hmmmm we have no deffense,hmmm its ok Attack will score more goals,hmmm our front line cant score for more than a year now its okay Messi will score million goals.THAT ISNT RIGHT and it must stop,this isnt a team built around player this is a team that doesnt have the quality anymore that it takes to be the best.Do you realise how good is messi when it makes them look like a worldclass (well not all of them) ? Alves is unacceptable,Pique needs serious attitude adjustment,Pedro must be a sub,Alexis is unacceptible,Bartra unacceptable for anything serious.These are 5 of 11 players on the pitch yesterday + with injured messi and constantly injured xavi.We are lucky its 4 0,and i blame Rossel as much as i blame Tito.His moves as a coach were terrible yesterday and with a team like this you do not have many chances,i am sorry for his illness but so many things are at stake here.
The dream is over ,we are not the best team in the world anymore,it is time for a new one,we fell in love with some guys over the years here but they are just not good enough anymore.Players will bounce back one day,leo will make them i jsut hope our board of directors is ready to change too...I doubt it...
Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm just glad most people understood that he was bad because he wasn't fit after the injury and not that can't perform in big matches BS. Even Lahm said in an interview after the match that they quickly understood that Messi wasn't fit and that he barely could run.

Link to this interview?

hemakesmemessi

What is actually going on with this injury?

I mean in the first leg 3 weeks+ ago he damaged a hamstring and continued to jog around until Half Time. He was then all smiles.

It was said it was minor and would be 10 days max.

He comes off the bench 8 days later better but still injured a bit for 30 minutes v PSG.

Then we are told he has done no further damage.

He misses Zaragoza and that is 11 days.

He misses Levante 16-17 days after the injury and is passed fit last minute v Bayern.

He doesn't warm up properly and looks totally unfit. Then is played v Bayern 3 weeks (21 days) after initial injury and looks barely able to run.

All these things seem strange. Was it a lie about 10 days? Did he injure himself bad in the second leg? Was it because he was chucked straight in v Bayern? Is Messi losing confidence in his body?

I am worried whats been going on here

i agree with your break down, it is all very odd. I mean, will he be fit be next week?

Also, was it a hamstring injury or a thigh injury? Thigh could be any number of things but hamstrings do not heal quickly, even if it is a slight pull

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that there's no 2nd leg to hold on to... He could have missed yesterday's game, we could have played a defensive approach and maybe we could have gotten away with a narrower defeat that would have allowed us to unleash a fit Messi at the Camp Nou...

Obviously, it seems easy now, but isn't the management job to deal with this kind of situations and plan accordingly?

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Messi I believe has some fault in why we have become so one dimensional. He's played a part in our attack being a one man show, as he doesn't seem to object to scoring all of our goals and having everything run through him. Even if the management put him through it by not buying the correct forwards, I think he enjoys being this much important and this much responsibility. which yes, I know he can carry the scoring responsibility of our team most of the time, but he's only human. He's bound to have an off day. That's the trouble of having a superstar player, depend on him to much when you find him shutdown you're out of ideas. I only wish he can swallow some of his pride and we can build a more balance attack, like 2008-2009. Neymar perhaps? I don't care who it is but to me it is clear we can not keep having this off balance share in the front.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi is too much of a good guy... After the horrible defeat he goes and takes pictures with Ribery's friends, Franck himself taking the picture:

1366841382087.jpg

R

rivaldo10

Messi I believe has some fault in why we have become so one dimensional. He's played a part in our attack being a one man show, as he doesn't seem to object to scoring all of our goals and having everything run through him. Even if the management put him through it by not buying the correct forwards, I think he enjoys being this much important and this much responsibility. which yes, I know he can carry the scoring responsibility of our team most of the time, but he's only human. He's bound to have an off day. That's the trouble of having a superstar player, depend on him to much when you find him shutdown you're out of ideas. I only wish he can swallow some of his pride and we can build a more balance attack, like 2008-2009. Neymar perhaps? I don't care who it is but to me it is clear we can not keep having this off balance share in the front.

it was the seaon in 2009/10 when he wanted to play in the middle and then he started scoring more goals then ibra and thats when it started maybe it was a lil bit of his fault but it was more of the fault from pep and tito they never bought a good striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans