10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rivaldo10

i hope messi gets rested and we see a performance like against milan in camp nou

Leo10

He should never have started this match. The only thing he got from this match is hate and negative headlines on every newspaper. It's heartbreaking to see for a Messi fan. He will need to wait a year now to convince people that he still can score goals against tough opponents

Nah all he has to do is score one goal vs Real Madrid to become the el Clasico top scorer and the media will praise him again. There are like 10 clasicos every season so definitely less than a year.

Me55i D105

His decline is the coaches fault, much in the same way when Maradona was the coach. He needs support because no one and I do mean no one can do anything surrounded with 4-5 players who block your every move. Tito should've not only brought in Thiago or Fabregas or Villa or Tello or just about anyone to stir things around and not be so apathetic, but he should've maybe moved Messi to the side and told Xavi and Iniesta to take risks and others to take runs.

Furthermore Tito should've shouted at them like Klopp in Dortmund, motivated them, given them some kind of wake up call but nothing happened, in a way like he wanted it to happen. I have never seen anything quite like it, letting barca bend over and take it instead of putting up a fight and showing some dignity.

Really hope things changed radically next season, out with the old and in with the new, also back to basics: the pressure has to come back because Barca will never have a good enough defense without everyone helping out getting the ball back like they did during Guardiola. If players can't keep up and get worn out then they have to be switched with players that can. For example, Pique has to go, not only does he suck in defense and looks confused and doesn't care and whines a lot he also isn't a leader like Puyol and doesn't do anything to help other defenders do their job. Second is Xavi who doesn't take risks and has been playing more and more poorly and I think it's time to give Thiago the reins and let him become the next Xavi. Third are the attacker who have to go, as good as Villa was he has to go both for his sake and ours, Sanchez as well and also Pedro because I have no idea why he has become so bad. Tactic or not they do get a chances but fail to score and that's on them, not Messi taking up space or anything else, when give the opportunity you have to make it count or you should not play top level football.

In sum, in with new attackers and defenders and bring back the pressure game.

R

rivaldo10

i hope next season messi will be captain and plays behind 3 players like he does in argentina. i watch every game from argentina and he plays much better there then he does now for barca wich is sad and i think since 2012 the style we play limits messis talents alot.

mixer

i hope next season messi will be captain and plays behind 3 players like he does in argentina. i watch every game from argentina and he plays much better there then he does now for barca wich is sad and i think since 2012 the style we play limits messis talents alot.
As many times he was the captain (of Barca) as many times he played poor

but it wont happen. Messi will be 4th captain if valdes leaves

If Xavi and Puyol retires Iniesta will take the captain's armband

spring

agree! messi forces all the players to be better, to be more serious and his will is endless! we need him as a captain!

Ronnie10

It's not the style we play that limits Messi. Every game there are 3-4 opponent players sitting on his ass, he is the only player that constantly poses danger to opposition. Xavi is not attack minded, Iniesta not really a goalscorer, other strikers Villa, Pedro, Sanchez dont have any clue what to do. Opposition just ignores them and concentrates all defensive work on Messi. The pathetic part is that other players cant take advantage of this. We really need another player, who will pose as much danger as Messi.

spring

He doesnt need to wear an armband to be the leader... The armband is just an formality
he doesn't but the others need to see him as a captain! unfortunately the others need to be motivated and even be punished just during the game! our other captains don't do these with lazy players, but messi always wants more!

R

rivaldo10

He doesnt need to wear an armband to be the leader... The armband is just an formality

i know but still we need to play messi behind a striker to give him space or else he will just get ganged up by 3 - 4 defenders

mixer

he doesn't but the others need to see him as a captain! unfortunately the others need to be motivated and even be punished just during the game! our other captains don't do these with lazy players, but messi always wants more!
I think everyone sees him as a captain considering his capabilities/skills and that he's the best/one of the best players in the history of football.

No need for pushing him to wear the armband as he feels uncomfortable with it.

abual3bed1

Leo had the lowest running distance last night, only 7.5 km. Clearly he wasn't meant to play but he pushed himself and cost the team a player. He couldn't dribble through any one or creat that link up with Alves, Pedro, Alexis or Iniesta. At some points of the game he actually let Xavi run into defenders while he stayed closer to mid line on the pitch. And then he isolated himself on the right flank trying to cut in and do things which didn't work either.

Garrus

That's his usual running distance, Since forever.
But wait a second, After the PSG game, Didn't many crucified cesc for doing nothing and how an injured messi can do in a few minutes what cesc couldn't do for 60 minutes, But after yesterday they crucified messi and blamed tito for not bringing cesc in :facepalm:
Now what does that tell us.
Consistency level=0
The opinions in here are like stock market, Ever ever changing.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I'm just glad most people understood that he was bad because he wasn't fit after the injury and not that can't perform in big matches BS. Even Lahm said in an interview after the match that they quickly understood that Messi wasn't fit and that he barely could run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans