10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. No matter how hopeless things look right now, playing Villa as a #9 to occupy defenders could completely change the look of things. If they use this tactic, then we'll see Messi in his best position/role. The only thing left to see is how Messi plays that day and if his fire burns, then he can propel the team to what would likely be a historical comeback.

It's not even close to a high chance of happening. More of a fantasy right now. It's just that sheer possibility that makes me excited for this return leg. It depends on the other players as well though. It can't just be Messi running rampant over Bayern while the rest of the team has already given up and are just sitting back.

+1

Especially the Villa part. Tuesday's game reminded me of the 1st leg against Milan. We used Villa in the 2nd leg, and that changed everything. Which is why I'm confused about Sanchez starting over Villa on Tuesday, and why I think starting Villa could have made things very different.

We gotta start Villa on Wednesday to have any chance of going through IMO. I still don't think we'll go through, but I think we'll at least be a lot better than we were at the Allianz. And who knows, we might just pull it off.

Garrus

That's the thing. No matter how hopeless things look right now, playing Villa as a #9 to occupy defenders could completely change the look of things. If they use this tactic, then we'll see Messi in his best position/role. The only thing left to see is how Messi plays that day and if his fire burns, then he can propel the team to what would likely be a historical comeback.

It's not even close to a high chance of happening. More of a fantasy right now. It's just that sheer possibility that makes me excited for this return leg. It depends on the other players as well though. It can't just be Messi running rampant over Bayern while the rest of the team has already given up and are just sitting back.
I'm not worried about us scoring goals, With villa upfront and messi behind they are guaranteed, The dilemma is how to not concede goals, Scoring 4 goals is not impossible, Scoring 6 is.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The problem isn't with scoring goals, With villa upfront and messi behind they are guaranteed, The delima is how to not concede goals, Scoring 4 goals is not impossible, Scoring 6 is.

With Bayern's defense, scoring up to 4 goals isn't the easiest thing in the world either. That would mean getting the better of their defense or catching them off guard 4 times without them adjusting to fix whatever errors come up. But yes I agree that conceding is the bigger worry.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
For those who want to know why the poster above me called him the man dog:

(turn on the caption)
Forget the footage, Concentrate on the words.

What a beautiful video. The poem, the way it was read and the video all combine perfectly.

I'm not worried about us scoring goals, With villa upfront and messi behind they are guaranteed, The dilemma is how to not concede goals, Scoring 4 goals is not impossible, Scoring 6 is.

Start Villa and press like we did in the Milan game. Only way we'll have a chance of going through IMO.

The pressing is huge IMO. The defense we put out against Milan wasn't amazing (Pique, a DM and an attacking fullback all playing as CBs), but our pressing got the clean sheet (a clean sheet which seemed impossible given our lack of clean sheets this season). Our defense also did all right (besides that Niang chance), and I think part of that is because they weren't tested often.

Last edited:
R

rivaldo10

if messi would leave barca what team would he go to? I think it would be inter

R

rivaldo10

I dont think so really because if he wins the wc in 2014 and i think he will then maybe he would go to italy and do a maradona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans