10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz187

Messi's great but he would need other players to step up as well. Iniesta's been a bit sluggish the last couple of games, Busi too because of his injury. The defense hasn't looked at all solid and the forwards haven't been firing on all cylinders. The team have to score at least one goal before half time without conceding to give themselves any chance.

Ursegor

World Champion
Franz Beckenbauer said on BILD that the tie is still not over and Barca will play dirty and do anything to go to the finale

6 Players are on a yellow

Lahm Gomes Schweinsteiger Martines Dante Alaba

I really think that we have a chance and messi can pull this off

I don't care if we go through. Just make it a priority to get all these players carded to make it easier for Dortmund in the final. :coffee:

Wednesday is Messi's chance to end the GOAT debate once and for all. I think it's very unlikely (but not completely impossible) that we'll go through, but I also like the chances of him putting up a great performance, as long as we get our tactics right this time.

Like I said, if we do go through, I think that will officially settle the GOAT debate.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi equals Samitier and now only trails Alcántara

Manel Tomàs / Jordi Clos
04/29/2013 13:07

At San Mamés the Argentinian became the second highest goalscorer in club history in both official matches and friendlies

2013-04-27_ATHLETIC-BARCELONA_27.v1367234888.JPG

Leo Messi is still on unstoppable course to become the highest goalscorer FC Barcelona has ever had. His goal at San Mamés was number 333 in his personal account. That is the same figure achieved by Josep Samitier in all games for Barça, placing Messi joint second and only bettered by the legendary Paulino Alcántara (369).
Born in the Philippines in 1896, Alcántara played for Barça from 1912 to 1927. Known as the ‘net-breaker’, in those pre-Liga days he scored most of his goals in friendlies, the Copa Catalunya and the Spanish Cup.

Messi’s record

25 year old Leo Messi is already the club’s top scorer if only counting official matches. Of course, Messi belongs to a very different era to Alcántara, in which exhibition and challenge matches are a rarity outside of the preseason, and only 22 of his 333 goals have been scored in friendlies. The Argentinian is the only currently active player to be among the top ten FCB scorers of all time. In fact, Xavi, the next currently active player on the list, is way down in 48[SUP]th[/SUP] with 90 goals.

These are Barça’s all-time top ten goalscorers in both friendlies and official competitions:

o3ayo.jpg

cro-man

I think no matter how good he is he cant win a match alone on his own against a big side like bayern. The biggest difference between barca/real and dortmund/bayern is that they dont need one player to win a match they trust on the whole team. If we follow this path with this one man show it will wont end good it will destroy us completely. He is not a god and he cant go through all player like a ghost but in the end the media will punch him in his face because they expect the impossible from him. Today to be the best is a big burden and its only a matter of time till it breaks him something that happen to a lot of other players...

Kerrybai

Just looking at Messi's stats and realised he has played 371 games for the club, it's sad to think that he is possibly over the half way point for total games played for us :(

BarcaGirl

Carles Rexach: "Messi is at 100%. In Munich he was a bit afraid of reproducing his injury, but on Wednesday he’ll give it his all. We’re going to see the best possible version of Messi."

Bring it on!

mixer

Carles Rexach: "Messi is at 100%. In Munich he was a bit afraid of reproducing his injury, but on Wednesday he’ll give it his all. We’re going to see the best possible version of Messi."

Bring it on!
Can't wait to see this beast in action!

King Leo

Banned
Regardless if we make it to the final or not but can a show of greatness tomorrow by Leo win him the 5th Ballon d'Or? or will that depend on Madrid and CR7's progress to the final?

I for one think Madrid has a greater chance to qualify to the final this year. That away goal the I wish we had can make the difference.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

If he does the same shit he did in the 1st game which is almost impossible for Leo to look worse than he did at Allianz then his chances of 5th Ballon d'or will fade away a bit. He should give everything he got even if we don't make the final.

E

El Messiah 10

Regardless if we make it to the final or not but can a show of greatness tomorrow by Leo win him the 5th Ballon d'Or? or will that depend on Madrid and CR7's progress the final?

I for one think Madrid has a greater chance to qualify to the final this year. That away goal the I wish we had can make the difference.

If Leo tomorrow become "beast" and scores 2-3 gol (even if Barca don't reach the Final) he can win the Balon d'Or 2013.
If he play bad and/or don't score I think there are some possibilities that a player of the CL-winners can win it.
Obviously if Real wins the CL , then C.Ronaldo will be 99% Balon d'Or.

If Bayern wins it, could be T.Muller ....If Dortmund wins can be Lewandowski ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans