10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Anyway no one can say Messi needs to transfer to Napoli. Making this team competitive must be up there with Maradona's efforts.
This is bigger feat tbh, he's been carrying this Barcelona more this season than Maradona ever did in Napoli.

J

jiopi

30x8zlv.png

Mr Hulot

Another thing to be noticed from tonight's game is that the huge quality of Messi have made world class players and coaching stuff a bit complacent. Because of his previous lack of injuries everyone and I really mean everyone found comfort in passing the ball to Messi and waiting for him to produce goals, assists and link up play. Tonight it was apparent that players( especially Cesc, Pedro and Dani ) were reaching Bayerns area and they were searching for Messi to pass the ball. But tonight Messi wasn't there. And here comes another Tito's shortcoming, because this year due to Messi's injury he had the chance to test a bunch of different formations, but he kept insisting on playing Cesc as a false 9. An experiment that was unsuccessful in every important game this season.. Players like Cesc, Pedro , Xavi, Iniesta and even Alexis are playing with great success with their national teams and the reason for that in my opinion is because they have a specific gameplan and a specific role.

Kerrybai

Anyway no one can say Messi needs to transfer to Napoli. Making this team competitive must be up there with Maradona's efforts.

His effort last season in the league was remarkable, it's even more impressive this season, I think he has over 1.4 goals per game a handful of assists.

I honestly don't think we would have won the league this year without him, even if Cavani or Falcao was in his place.

Kerrybai

Another thing to be noticed from tonight's game is that the huge quality of Messi have made world class players and coaching stuff a bit complacent. Because of his previous lack of injuries everyone and I really mean everyone found comfort in passing the ball to Messi and waiting for him to produce goals, assists and link up play. Tonight it was apparent that players( especially Cesc, Pedro and Dani ) were reaching Bayerns area and they were searching for Messi to pass the ball. But tonight Messi wasn't there. And here comes another Tito's shortcoming, because this year due to Messi's injury he had the chance to test a bunch of different formations, but he kept insisting on playing Cesc as a false 9. An experiment that was unsuccessful in every important game this season.. Players like Cesc, Pedro , Xavi, Iniesta and even Alexis are playing with great success with their national teams and the reason for that in my opinion is because they have a specific gameplan and a specific role.

Agreed I feel that Sanchez should have gotten a run down the middle with Messi out.

Garrus

What you all expect is going to happen when messi 'suddenly' doesn't play, His App in the last 5 years are:
This team has always dependent on him, And it reached some ridiculous heights in pep's last season.

BarcaGirl

It's pretty obvious now for everyone, how Messi has carried this team for the last 2 seasons. His genius has completely overshadowed the decline of this team.

What he did last year in the league was ridiculous. He almost won it with with a bunch of youngsters like Cuenca and Tello, whereas everyone else was injured or just bad.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
It's pretty obvious now for everyone, how Messi has carried this team for the last 2 seasons. His genius has completely overshadowed the decline of this team.

What he did last year in the league was ridiculous. He almost won it with with a bunch of youngsters like Cuenca and Tello, whereas everyone else was injured or just bad.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
What you all expect is going to happen when messi 'suddenly' doesn't play, His App in the last 5 years are:
This team has always dependent on him, And it reached some ridiculous heights in pep's last season.

Even more ridiculous this season, our problem last season was that we didn't have a real goal threat apart from Messi and also that our defense was declining. What do we do though, buy a CDM as a CB and an attacking left back to play on the same team as an attacking right back. We bought no extra goal threat, we only won the league because our players were slightly more motivated to win it than last season, and of course Messi.

spark

We've actually come full circle. Argentina is doing everything to get the best out of Leo and we are doing what Maradona did in 2010 and basically telling him go out there and win this game for us in spite of this shit defense and flawed offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans