10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darko

This is 100% not what it's made to look like in public. He's either still badly injured (which is not likely), or Tito gave up on the game and decided to rest him, that is, not put him at risk of an injury relapse or something like that.
my thoughts exactly

M

mitkoa7x

This is 100% not what it's made to look like in public. He's either still badly injured (which is not likely), or Tito gave up on the game and decided to rest him, that is, not put him at risk of an injury relapse or something like that.

why didnt we try against Athletic then?

Kerrybai

You all complained when he started in the first leg and not yet (Athletically) fit, And now you're all angry why he didn't start when he already had discomforts.
Any shred of logic is nowhere to be found.

I think the point was had he rested in the first leg he may have been 100% fit for this leg, but with regard to tonight it is our last meaningful game of the season so maybe we should have risked him... anyway I'm not going to comment on it, I'm not a team doctor, in fact none of us are so opinions on here regarding his injury hold little to no value and are purely speculative.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
When you say it out loud it really hits you. Wasting the peak years of the Greatest of all time.

God I know I was just thinking that, although we still have 3 or 4 years before he enters out of his peak, and I still think he will be a magnificent player after that.

USWAY

it started since last season tbh...

It started when Pep built a squad around Messi, instead of a squad with Messi. All of the players play like it now too and just wait for him to save the day. We need a new manager to come in and end this nonsense.

F

Flavia

On the full interview on md, Tito says he talked to the doctors, and there was a real possibility of Messi re-injuring himself, and that's why he was benched.

spark

On the full interview on md, Tito says he talked to the doctors, and there was a real possibility of Messi re-injuring himself, and that's why he was benched.

Aggravations are the worst. Iniesta played a cl final injured and afterwards basically spent the 2009-2010 season struggling. Andres said the doctors told him he actually risked his career by playing that game.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

As I've said before; the fact that Messi has singlehandedly dragged Barcelona to a league cup, league win, and back to back CL semis in the past 2 years when they have been ravished by injuries, had many players with poor form, had a very poor defense, and management have failed to correct the issues; is astonishing.

Come on management, please get Messi some help. Thiago Silva and/or Hummels. :worthy:

Kerrybai

30x8zlv.png

That's a cool comparison :barca scarf:

Stric

I take it he won't be playing against Betis either, then. I hope he's fit for the Atletico game, although this does seem to be a serious issue. He's been out of normal form for weeks. I'm having doubts about whether he'll even be fully back to his usual self before the season ends.

ricknattery

I take it he won't be playing against Betis either, then. I hope he's fit for the Atletico game, although this does seem to be a serious issue. He's been out of normal form for weeks. I'm having doubts about whether he'll even be fully back to his usual self before the season ends.

take ii easy, no need to panic when nothing is clear. Tito has been making some stupid decisions, we cannot conclude anything yet, better not to worry about it

Doobs

The Messiah
Aggravations are the worst. Iniesta played a cl final injured and afterwards basically spent the 2009-2010 season struggling. Andres said the doctors told him he actually risked his career by playing that game.

Why did he play him in the first leg then? Or against Bilbao?

Ronnie10

Another thing to be noticed from tonight's game is that the huge quality of Messi have made world class players and coaching stuff a bit complacent. Because of his previous lack of injuries everyone and I really mean everyone found comfort in passing the ball to Messi and waiting for him to produce goals, assists and link up play. Tonight it was apparent that players( especially Cesc, Pedro and Dani ) were reaching Bayerns area and they were searching for Messi to pass the ball. But tonight Messi wasn't there. And here comes another Tito's shortcoming, because this year due to Messi's injury he had the chance to test a bunch of different formations, but he kept insisting on playing Cesc as a false 9. An experiment that was unsuccessful in every important game this season.. Players like Cesc, Pedro , Xavi, Iniesta and even Alexis are playing with great success with their national teams and the reason for that in my opinion is because they have a specific gameplan and a specific role.

I've heard that if the players dont pass the ball to Messi, they get shouted by Messi himself on the pitch. Even more Messi fights them after the game in the dressing room or traps and beats them up in the carpark in front of their wives.

lol
on messi : he started the two last games because he felt ok, then didn't feel ok for this one, so Tito decided to play him only in the second half if and only if Barca was in favorable position, which he was not. I don't think Tito gave up on the game at all before he started. His horrible mistake was playing Cesc as false 9.

I mean, wtf. Not even in my worst nightmares had I imagined he'd do that for the return leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans