10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Our problem is we're playing with two average players alongside Messi in Pedro and Alexis,let's get real star forwards to play with Messi and our attack will be deadly.

I must pry, whom are these real forwards Barça has the chance of acquiring, without paying silly money?

BarcaGirl

I think there is some new trend in this forum lately ...let's all bash Messi, because everything shit what happend this season and against Bayern is all his fault.

The hate he's getting is getting ridiuclous. How many times has he saved this Team, and this is how some people talk shit about him. Shame on you! :angry:

loozy

I don't think it is about bashing Messi but rather about pointing out that no-one is exempt from criticism, no matter how many goals he scored.

khorne

I think there is some new trend in this forum lately ...let's all bash Messi, because everything shit what happend this season and against Bayern is all his fault.

The hate he's getting is getting ridiuclous. How many times has he saved this Team, and this is how some people talk shit about him. Shame on you! :angry:

"It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb"

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Where did this Messi hate come from? This is shocking and just ridiculous. We should all thank Messi for bringing us the league title back.

J

jiopi

Where did this Messi hate come from? This is shocking and just ridiculous. We should all thank Messi for bringing us the league title back.
From bottom, from the deepest drainages. Real Madrid camp.

Last edited:

messid10s

People bashing Messi for scoring too many goals has to be one of the most stupid things i've seen. It's not like he doesn't try and set team mates up its just they can't finish to save their lives.

Kerrybai

I find the Messi discussion interesting actually, and its makes sense to link Messi's increased scoring with the decline of our wingers. What we have to really ask ourselves is whether our attack gravitates more towards him than it did in previous years. I can't find statistics from 2008/2009 but I posted what I could find from the other seasons on page 444.

Messi is taking 0.7 more shots per game than he did in 2010/2011 when we were very successful. He went from 4.5 spg to 5.2 spg. Statistics should be taken with a pinch of salt, but a 0.7 spg increase does not indicate to me that Messi is demanding significantly more of the ball than he used to. It appears we do play through him more but not significantly enough to explain the decline of the rest of our attack.

When you also consider that his conversion rate has gone from 21-28% then it makes perfect sense that Messi is taking 0.7 extra shots per game. His goal tally is more a result of improving his finishing and this notion of Messi ball hogging is simply not true, in fact I would argue that Messi having more of the ball should benefit our other goalscorers as he is generally our player with most assists and chances created.

Our play goes through Messi slightly more than it did before but not enough to suggest it would have a negative effect on our other forwards. If someone could provide me with Shots per game statistics from 2008/2009 I would love to see them.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
ROFL at the last few pages... when are we going to understand? if the team has become Messi dependant it is not really Messi's fault that he is too good. it is the coach's job to adjust the team and Messi will never ever act like a Tevez if he has to adjust himself to the team. It is that he is the best player anyone can imagine and the coaches get too obsessed with getting the most out of him that they start to gradually stop paying enough attention to the other players. this is not Messi's fault.

When are we going to understand MESSI is not the problem... LACK OF CREATIVITY and MANAGEMENT from the coaching staff is the problem.

Keikoku

Cabbage
ROFL at the last few pages... when are we going to understand? if the team has become Messi dependant it is not really Messi's fault that he is too good. it is the coach's job to adjust the team and Messi will never ever act like a Tevez if he has to adjust himself to the team. It is that he is the best player anyone can imagine and the coaches get too obsessed with getting the most out of him that they start to gradually stop paying enough attention to the other players. this is not Messi's fault.

When are we going to understand MESSI is not the problem... LACK OF CREATIVITY and MANAGEMENT from the coaching staff is the problem.

Finally, someone who understood the whole point of what they say "talk shit and ungrateful to Messi". :D

I don't get it why some of you feel offended when others criticize Messi? I mean, does it have something to do with you personally? :lol:
When someone post this and that contain Messi all you take is the critics about Messi without trying to get the point of the post.

In short, all the poster not blame Messi, they blame management. Management is in the wrong. Try read carefully, all people who said we should bench Messi not said "BENCH MESSI HE IS NOT GOOD ANYMORE!!" or "MESSI IS BAD PERSON, BENCH HIM!!" or "THIS ALL IS MESSI FAULT OTHERS NOT SCORE" no it's not, what they said management need give Messi some rest too, don't give shitload of responsibility to Messi if that isn't important. All you Messi worshippers just take it all as offense, we got it... Messi is equally God so when you criticize him = SIN. :lol:

Conclusion : Critics not hate, don't instantly think critics = hate, critics = ungrateful, critics = talk shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans