10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Is Balague's Guardiola biography an official one? If so, Messi appears in a very bad light. BILD has printed an excerpt. Apparently, Messi went with a tablespoon in his mouth to a training session. The tablespoon stayed in Messi's mouth the whole time, as he was sulking because he had been substituted in a match the day before. On other occasions when he didn't start or got substituted, he used to stop talking with Pep for days.

When Ibrahimovic became popular in his first months at the club, Messi said he (Messi) wanted to either play as a 9 or not play at all. So Pep asked Messi: 'And what should I do with Ibrahimovic?' Messi replied: 'I play here or I don't play at all. Put the others on the other wing.'

Apparently, in Guardiolas last season at Barca, Messi held all the power in his hands. He would get angry with players like Cuenca or Tello if they wouldn't give him the ball. Even David Villa wasn't forgiven for not giving Messi the ball.

When they sign players, Barcelona asks for Messi's opinion. This was the case with Neymar's signing.

I hope Messi will do a Maradona and kick the manager out like maradona did when he played for Barcelona.

:lol: :facepalm:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I can see that being true. He is not as nice as everyone thinks. A bit like vettell in f1, nice seeming at first but behind the scenes it's all about him and he's capable of beng an asshole.

Him being a 9 is obviously working well though so I'm not complaining

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Apparently, Messi went with a tablespoon in his mouth to a training session. The tablespoon stayed in Messi's mouth the whole time, as he was sulking because he had been substituted in a match the day before.

:rofl1:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ibras problem is with pep. He's also a guy that doesn't like being told what to do. The things like not being allowed to drive a sports car to training bothered him. He called our players school boys because they follow all the orders, in his view of the world that's a bad thing.

He still likes the club and has no problems it's the fans at all

Yannick03

Is Balague's Guardiola biography an official one? If so, Messi appears in a very bad light. BILD has printed an excerpt. Apparently, Messi went with a tablespoon in his mouth to a training session. The tablespoon stayed in Messi's mouth the whole time, as he was sulking because he had been substituted in a match the day before. On other occasions when he didn't start or got substituted, he used to stop talking with Pep for days.

When Ibrahimovic became popular in his first months at the club, Messi said he (Messi) wanted to either play as a 9 or not play at all. So Pep asked Messi: 'And what should I do with Ibrahimovic?' Messi replied: 'I play here or I don't play at all. Put the others on the other wing.'

Apparently, in Guardiolas last season at Barca, Messi held all the power in his hands. He would get angry with players like Cuenca or Tello if they wouldn't give him the ball. Even David Villa wasn't forgiven for not giving Messi the ball.

When they sign players, Barcelona asks for Messi's opinion. This was the case with Neymar's signing.

I hope Messi will do a Maradona and kick the manager out like maradona did when he played for Barcelona.

The only thing that is true is that he asked to play at the centre. And Ibra isn't even mad about that. In his biography he explains that's what all good players do.
About all the rest, I highly doubt that it is even remotely true.

R

rivaldo10

Messi said in an interview that he acted often childish when he got subbed

If Messi sacrifice himself and "decides" to play out wide, and they buy a coventional center forward (rooney, lewandoski etc etc etc) they can be unstoppable again...

he could still score a shitload of goals (and assists) cutting inside from the right wing.

he already beat all the goal scoring records... maybe now its time to play for the team right?

Messi is somewhat wasted in that false 9 role he will score goals for fun but the team as a whole suffers. His ability to beat players and play a final ball for me means he should operate deeper.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Messi said in an interview that he acted often childish when he got subbed

If Messi sacrifice himself and "decides" to play out wide, and they buy a coventional center forward (rooney, lewandoski etc etc etc) they can be unstoppable again...

he could still score a shitload of goals (and assists) cutting inside from the right wing.

he already beat all the goal scoring records... maybe now its time to play for the team right?

Messi is somewhat wasted in that false 9 role he will score goals for fun but the team as a whole suffers. His ability to beat players and play a final ball for me means he should operate deeper.

Where were you with this comment when we won the 6 trophies in a year with Messi as a false 9 ? We do not have Henry and Eto'o anymore but instead have Pedro and Sanchez. It's not Messi as a false 9 the problem , the problem is that he doesn't have world class players around in the offensive line. Plus , our defence was made of Alves , Pique , Puyol , Abidal . Pique and Alves were on beast mode ,Puyol was Puyol , Abidal , maybe the best LB in the world that time, wasn't a offensive defender like Alves, so we had allot of balance in our defence. The team does not suffer because of Messi as a false 9 . It suffers because now we have a joke of deffense and without Messi , a very mediocre offensive line. It's easy as that.

spark

Im going to re-post this every time someone says he should play right wing. Its the place he's most easily isolated. All we need is another goal threat playing off of him.

Yannick03

Where were you with this comment when we won the 6 trophies in a year with Messi as a false 9 ? We do not have Henry and Eto'o anymore but instead have Pedro and Sanchez. It's not Messi as a false 9 the problem , the problem is that he doesn't have world class players around in the offensive line. Plus , our defence was made of Alves , Pique , Puyol , Abidal . Pique and Alves were on beast mode ,Puyol was Puyol , Abidal , maybe the best LB in the world that time, wasn't a offensive defender like Alves, so we had allot of balance in our defence. The team does not suffer because of Messi as a false 9 . It suffers because now we have a joke of deffense and without Messi , a very mediocre offensive line. It's easy as that.

This +1000

R

rivaldo10

Im going to re-post this every time someone says he should play right wing. Its the place he's most easily isolated. All we need is another goal threat playing off of him.

i dont say messi should play on the wing like he did in 08/09

He should like he plays in argentina now behind higuain and 2 wingers

Mr Hulot

Balague isn't respected by anyone. He is more of a clown than a journalist. So, don't sweat over his Pep biography..

CatalinR10

i dont say messi should play on the wing like he did in 08/09

He should like he plays in argentina now behind higuain and 2 wingers

I quote you from the other post :

,,Messi said in an interview that he acted often childish when he got subbed

he could still score a shitload of goals (and assists) cutting inside from the right wing. "

are-you-serious.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans