10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

Where were you with this comment when we won the 6 trophies in a year with Messi as a false 9 ? We do not have Henry and Eto'o anymore but instead have Pedro and Sanchez. It's not Messi as a false 9 the problem , the problem is that he doesn't have world class players around in the offensive line. Plus , our defence was made of Alves , Pique , Puyol , Abidal . Pique and Alves were on beast mode ,Puyol was Puyol , Abidal , maybe the best LB in the world that time, wasn't a offensive defender like Alves, so we had allot of balance in our defence. The team does not suffer because of Messi as a false 9 . It suffers because now we have a joke of deffense and without Messi , a very mediocre offensive line. It's easy as that.

Just quoting this because it is so true.

Ursegor

World Champion
I quote you from the other post :

,,Messi said in an interview that he acted often childish when he got subbed

If Messi sacrifice himself and "decides" to play out wide, and they buy a coventional center forward (rooney, lewandoski etc etc etc) they can be unstoppable again...

he could still score a shitload of goals (and assists) cutting inside from the right wing. "

are-you-serious.jpg

He has just copied a random text from Redcafe, that's why he doesn't make any sense: http://www.redcafe.net/13534069-post13572.html

Did the same thing in the Iniesta thread btw: http://www.redcafe.net/13533772-post877.html

This forum needs some sort of age verification or something. Some of the new posters are beyond atrocious.

Butaan4barca

Exactly. Even few days ago in conference in Argentina Pep said himself that it was his own idea to move messi to middle as best player should play in the middle.

Kerrybai

He has just copied a random text from Redcafe, that's why he doesn't make any sense: http://www.redcafe.net/13534069-post13572.html

Did the same thing in the Iniesta thread btw: http://www.redcafe.net/13533772-post877.html

This forum needs some sort of age verification or something. Some of the new posters are beyond atrocious.
:sherlock:
Exactly. Even few days ago in conference in Argentina Pep said himself that it was his own idea to move messi to middle as best player should play in the middle.

Pedro and Snachez could work more effectively if they weren't so static. Some people seem to think that false 9 means never having an out and out striker but it's simply not true. The wingers can take up central positions, in fact Villa does it very often with the full backs providing the width.

Butaan4barca

Why would anyone put a forward on wing when he scores 60 odd goals per season. Just makes no sense and would imbalance messi's play too. We will be playing around messi for 5 odd years. so its better to get players who can benefit his play not hinder it. That is why we are being linked with neymar/reus

Its not just wingers. when messi started dropping deep, soon teams started to figure that out and defenders started following him. increased emphasis on the purchase of Febergas was was for that purpose primarily. As he fitted in that role. The gap left behind when messi dropped down and defenders following was exploited by feberas last season.

or if defender stayed back it provided much more space to messi. But then mourinho can up with the idea of playing pepe in the midfield and he started following messi every where and effectively so.

That was the thing with pep's team. there was much more movements, gaps between our players were far less. Every other player was constantly shifting roles and positions. Moving closer to receive balls. Imagine 5 player coming near a player to provide an option for the player to pass a ball and then disbursing effectively away into spaces left by the opposite teams. Teams have started to figure out this. Tito failed add extra dimension to this philosophy, he is no pep. But he is a descent man who accepted that he made mistakes and will be better next season. I support him, and wish him luck. So hopefully next season many things will be improved

J

jiopi

Bild starting the Ballon d'Or smearing campaign early this season I see. Too bad no German is close to Messi. :lol:

Kerrybai

Why would anyone put a forward on wing when he scores 60 odd goals per season. Just makes no sense and would imbalance messi's play too. We will be playing around messi for 5 odd years. so its better to get players who can benefit his play not hinder it. That is why we are being linked with neymar/reus

Its not just wingers. when messi started dropping deep, soon teams started to figure that out and defenders started following him. increased emphasis on the purchase of Febergas was was for that purpose primarily. As he fitted in that role. The gap left behind when messi dropped down and defenders following was exploited by feberas last season.

or if defender stayed back it provided much more space to messi. But then mourinho can up with the idea of playing pepe in the midfield and he started following messi every where and effectively so.

That was the thing with pep's team. there was much more movements, gaps between our players were far less. Every other player was constantly shifting roles and positions. Moving closer to receive balls. Imagine 5 player coming near a player to provide an option for the player to pass a ball and then disbursing effectively away into spaces left by the opposite teams. Teams have started to figure out this. Tito failed add extra dimension to this philosophy, he is no pep. But he is a descent man who accepted that he made mistakes and will be better next season. I support him, and wish him luck. So hopefully next season many things will be improved

:goodpost:

Regarding Messi dropping deep it would be useful if one of the forwards dropped into his position when this happens, the same way Aguero drops into the position with Argentina.

Rahj

Bild starting the Ballon d'Or smearing campaign early this season I see. Too bad no German is close to Messi. :lol:

it's funny that most of the commentaries to this article aim their criticism at guardiola. in their opinion, messi gaining too much power shows that guardiola isn't able to control players which leads them (those who make the comments) to predict that pep will fail at bayern and will be fired relatively soon. concerning messis chances of winning the balon d'or next year, I've read another German article which talked about the increased chances of players like schweinsteiger and götze. although i think that they will be on a higher rank than last year, they don't have a chance of winning it right now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it's funny that most of the commentaries to this article aim their criticism at guardiola. in their opinion, messi gaining too much power shows that guardiola isn't able to control players which leads them (those who make the comments) to predict that pep will fail at bayern and will be fired relatively soon. concerning messis chances of winning the balon d'or next year, I've read another German article which talked about the increased chances of players like schweinsteiger and götze. although i think that they will be on a higher rank than last year, they don't have a chance of winning it right now.

Bastian has a shot, albeit remote. Goetze? What has he done this year, other than betraying BVB?

BarcaGirl

Klopp: "Cristiano is so fast, so strong, so incredible, but he has one problem: Leo Messi." [as]
Klopp: "Cristiano reminds me of German tennis player Michael Stich. He was destined to make history, but then Boris Becker showed up." [as]

You gotta love this man! :D

footyfan

Calma, calma
Always nice to see games from our superb 2009/10 season, specially HD quality. While this was nothing more than an average game for Messi, still very interesting to watch. Notice how he primarily plays on the RW and Ibra in the centre despite this match taking place in February (by which time Messi had supposedly demanded to play in the centre). He also has a nice haircut, almost the same as I what I have going on atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans