10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyCrane

Thinking about this logically no way does Messi sort out his own taxes. If there's a problem with how its been filed its the accountants fault. Only way Messi could get in trouble is if he's ordered the accountant to do that.

It's his fault if this holds true. Leo is responsible for his own tax declaration, not his accountant, his father or his dog.

Everyone tries to evade taxes, it's a common practice. Another thing is when you get caught and can't afford to pay the fines. Which Messi if found guilty, obviously can.

There is a difference though between tax avoidance and tax evasion. One is legitimate, the other is a criminal offence. Ethically even more questionable when being a top-notch earner and living in a country that is in a deep economic recession.

DennyCrane

Lets hope he doesn't end up like Wesley Snipes.

Yeah, that would be most unfortunate. But that won't happen me thinks, Snipes' evasion technique wasn't half as elaborate as this one allegedly is + Snipes lawyers even dared to try to justify his mess with the now, thanks to good 'ol Wesley, world-famous '861 argument' which not only led to epic facepalming in the courtroom but also to a stealthy increase in prison term.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Messi to jail for evading taxes.

th_oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

:lol:

BarcaGirl

But if Leo ends up in jail, than the Messidependcia is finally over. We could buy a real striker and would finally be able win the treble again. :hooray: Wouldn't that be awesome?

I

instinct

Before, we should sell him to get 250 million euros! :rosell: Then we can finally buy Reina.

messid10s

No jury would ever convict Messi in Barcelona, Madrid on the other hand... Also the Barcelona prison football team would have to be the greatest prison team of all time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am quite worried about what this might potentially do to Messi:

- affecting his morale and his performance for both Barca and Argentina

- affecting his chance of getting the Ballon D'or

- damaging his image

:eusa_think:

I am quite worried about what this might potentially do to Messi:

- affecting his morale and his performance for both Barca and Argentina

- affecting his chance of getting the Ballon D'or

- damaging his image

:eusa_think:

Yeah. I don't think anything's gonna come out of this investigation in the end (I just can't imagine him doing something like evading taxes), but I'm worried that those things could happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans