10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz187

I don't think he would have minded sitting on the bench.
You make a lot of assumptions about what you think is going on inside the head of Tito and the players. This one is definitely false, Messi always wants to play. If he didn't mind being rested then he would definitely be rested more.

You make a lot of assumptions about what you think is going on inside the head of Tito and the players. This one is definitely false, Messi always wants to play. If he didn't mind being rested then he would definitely be rested more.

Why don't you read the rest of my post? He was rested for most of the game against Deportivo right before the Milan game, and didn't seem to mind. He wants to play a lot, but I don't think he would have minded sitting on the bench against Celta either, considering the circumstances.

oz187

He was rested for most of the game against Deportivo right before the Milan game, and didn't seem to mind. He wants to play a lot, but I don't think he would have minded sitting on the bench against Celta either, considering the circumstances.

You don't know Messi, you can't see inside his head. Trying to make some claims or arguments based on that is pointless. It's a known fact that Messi wants to play a lot. Trying to pick out specific games that he played and guessing the opposite, that he would have been ok with being benched in them is pure guesswork.

You don't know Messi, you can't see inside his head. Trying to make some claims or arguments based on that is pointless. It's a known fact that Messi wants to play a lot. Trying to pick out specific games that he played and guessing the opposite, that he would have been ok with being benched in them is pure guesswork.

Yes, I know he wants to play a lot. However, he was benched against Deportivo, so why not bench him against Celta? He didn't seem to mind being benched against Deportivo, so I don't see why he would have been too pissed about being benched against Celta, considering the circumstances.

Last edited:

AURELIUS

Someone has to remind Messi there is a World Cup next summer. His ultimate goal. And for him to have his best chance at that he will need to rest properly throughout the next season.

The contract stated he had to play at least one half but Sabella could have been more forceful and substituted him there and then.

J

jiopi

26 yard screamer, solo effort and a nice team goal.

Messi%20G1%20Guatemala.gif

Messi%20G2%20Guatemala.gif

Messi%20G3%20Guatemala.gif

J

jiopi

Someone has to remind Messi there is a World Cup next summer. His ultimate goal. And for him to have his best chance at that he will need to rest properly throughout the next season.

The contract stated he had to play at least one half but Sabella could have been more forceful and substituted him there and then.
I don't think 20 minutes has impact on anything, other than spirit. It was the last real game of the summer, and he will have rest now, with playing couple of charity and all-star games on the way.

Meitux

He is 25 now,will go 26 in 24 june.He will be 30 in the world cup 2018,his time is now but i think he will be able to produce more there also soo its 2014 or 2018

suckabov

Lemon curry?
If he stays fit, he might even be there in 2022. Hopefully we won't have to wait til then for him to win it, though.

Last edited:

Yannick03

Great stuff again Khaled :worthy:

The difference is so huge and bearing in mind that he was effectively injured for about 2 months. Such a shame cause he could have had a good shot at Dixie Dean's record of 60 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans