10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

Great stuff again Khaled :worthy:

The difference is so huge and bearing in mind that he was effectively injured for about 2 months. Such a shame cause he could have had a good shot at Dixie Dean's record of 60 goals.

Thanks bro :)

Any Idea about Bony? His stats are very impressive... Has any one watched him?

raskolnikov

Thanks bro :)

Any Idea about Bony? His stats are very impressive... Has any one watched him?

I think he is like a mini drogba version, very strong at 5.11 and scoring a lot against the weaker eredivisie teams.
I feel he would struggle in epl due to defenders actually being bigger and stronger there, he wants to play for a lot of money though.

J

jiopi

Messi under different NT-coaches

José PEKERMAN (15.09.2004 - 30.06.2006): 10 apps, 2 goals + 3 assists = 0,50 (G+A)/Game
Alfio BASILE (14.09.2006 - 16.10.2008): 24 apps, 8 goals + 9 assists = 0,71 (G+A)/Game
Diego MARADONA (04.11.2008 - 27.07.2010): 16 apps, 3 goals + 5 assists = 0,50 (G+A)/Game
Sergio BATISTA (27.07.2010 - 25.07.2011): 11 apps, 4 goals + 6 assists = 0,91 (G+A)/Game
Alejandro SABELLA (30.07.2011 - present): 21 apps, 18 goals + 9 assists = 1,29 (G+A)/Game

J

jiopi

Johan Cruyff: "Messi's tax case? Messi knows as much about taxes as I do: 0%. That's why we pay people for that, they should do their job."

Johan Cruyff: "Neymar-Messi? It's not about them personally, but about Nike and Adidas. That could cause problems, but I hope it won't."

Agri

Johan Cruyff: "Messi's tax case? Messi knows as much about taxes as I do: 0%. That's why we pay people for that, they should do their job."

Johan Cruyff: "Neymar-Messi? It's not about them personally, but about Nike and Adidas. That could cause problems, but I hope it won't."

As their status as legend becomes higher, their stupidity gets even higher as well. Just like Pelé. must some sort of equation for that.

Rahj

BM5SomdCQAMoeSo.png:large

so messi had 62 games this past season and some members say that he is overplayed. but how many games per season should messi have instead? this question goes out to everyone in this forum.

so messi had 62 games this past season and some members say that he is overplayed. but how many games per season should messi have instead? this question goes out to everyone in this forum.

He doesn't need to be played THAT much less. Just bench him in games like the one against Celta (right before a CL game, right after a tiring midweek game in Bolivia, the opponents were relegation fodder, etc).

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
As their status as legend becomes higher, their stupidity gets even higher as well. Just like Pelé. must some sort of equation for that.

He makes a good point about the tax issue, but the Adidas and Nike thing is a bit stupid, Barcelona are nike and Messi is adidas, we've never had any problems with that...

F

Flavia

Around 50-55. He played almost all games, no rest. Only when he was injured. He's been like that for what, 3-4 years straight. An occasional rest will be good for him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Around 50-55. He played almost all games, no rest. Only when he was injured. He's been like that for what, 3-4 years straight. An occasional rest will be good for him.

I don't think any good would come from placing a set number of games Messi should play. If he's in full flight form and playing energetically, why unnecessarily rest him for the satisfaction of some fans even if he's not really at risk for injury? It's about knowing when to rest him. If for example there are multiple midweek matches back to back with CDR and CL, then resting him in a minor league game in between would be smart. Especially if he is actually showing signs of fatigue. Otherwise it just messes with his rhythm to randomly bench him for a match in the middle of his best form when there's no apparent reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans