10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Neymar clearly claimed that he knows his place and that only one men can be "main", and it's Messi. He also said "Messi is the best player in the world, playing at his side will be an honor for me", (and was praising Iniesta and Xavi a lot of times, also)

There will be no conflict between these players, I am sure of that.

Well he would say that obviously. Neymar is well trained in saying the right things, personally every word that comes out of his mouth i think is waffles

We'll see a few years down the line

Papabeef

Man this is just uncalled for, Why is Johan in the papers for all the wrong reasons these days! He is still probably the best European player of all time and one of the greatest Footballing minds and people who had impact on this great sport, nevertheless he needs to "chill out" (understatement), I could have expected this jab of a comment made by Mou, by a Madrid player or rep but not by our Cruyff, What good does this bring ?? its the type of things said by rival club city media to create clouds...

On top of that there is no justification for this mentality, Messi plays well with other star attackers... who would not?! Neymar will share the hassle of opening up defenses. Just as Messi did that role with Eto and Henry or Villa and Ibra did that role with Messi. Its just another super combo.. and will probably go down in the history of the sport as one of the best attack double's. Lets wait and see!

suckabov

Lemon curry?
messi is the best of the best.. but its not crazy to sell him if we speak for 200m +
you can take bale falcao and lucas easily in one transer window and you can give 10m if some team has free space to get victor valdes for experiments

Yeah, but then again, Neymar is not proven enough yet to sacrifice Messi for him. It's not like he would have the same impact on Barcelona's game as Messi, at least not now. So even if there will be problems, I doubt it is Messi who will be sold.

Having said that, I dont believe there will be problems in the first place. Neymar is humble.

I actually can see Neymar leaving for another top club in a few years time (not because of Messi, I mean). Rather that than Messi being sold to make space for a potentially envious Neymar.

Stric

I somehow feel it's insulting to Messi to even bring up such a subject... Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neymar. There's no question about who's the leading man here, or who will take penalties, free kicks or whatever. People have gone way over the top with overhyping Neymar.

Paganinisrvnge

It disgusts me that people are even contemplating Messi leaving or Neymar becoming better than Messi. Neymar will NEVER reach Messi's levels. I just want him to score like 20 goals and 10 assists a season so it takes some pressure off of Messi. Messi will play at Barcelona for at least another 8 years.

Mitchell1978

Di Stefano and Puskas worked great together, Van Basten and Gullit played together etc and Messi already plays with Iniesta another top 5 player in the world.

F

Flavia

That old cruyff quote about messi-adidas vs neymar-nike still causing that much fuss? Marca didnt publish anything new, just slightly distorted. Neymar won't pick a fight with Messi, he's smarter than this.

taduong

he said that just to emphasize that it is very difficult to combine both and that it is impossible if one of them unselfish

Jadentheman

I think Cruyff is just disappointed Barcelona bought Neymar.

He clearly doesn't feel you can have two big hyped stars 'main men' if you will, leading the team. ego's will collide sooner or later

he said that just to emphasize that it is very difficult to combine both and that it is impossible if one of them unselfish

But Ronaldinho and Eto'o were able to co-exist...well till 2008

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From Balague's book;

BNnUuw9CEAIJ9jS.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans