10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Is this a random rumor or has anybody from the club commented on it? I don't know that story you are referring to.
Anyway, I don't know if Messi is as mature as he was in 2006 now, but I think and hope that he is not the same guy.

100% it happened, I was watching it and he did not come out to celebrate and had to be dragged onto the pitch by Pinto. He was sulking as didnt play.

It was two years ago after game against Deportivo I am sure.

He then missed training the next day, supposedly still sulking.

Mr Hulot

Being that young, I think it can be forgiven. Same deal with one or two dives/on pitch incidents he had around that age. Being that his negative aspects are few in number and related to him not playing, I don't find it to be sufficient evidence that he's a childish and power hungry person.

Yeah, of course.
I personally don't even care how he ended up playing as false 9( I believe, it was Pep's choice). Imagine losing the brilliant moments of the best player of our generation in his best position, just because Zlatan wanted more minutes.

JamDav1982

I saw the 2009 CL final again last week, even though Messi started that game on the wing, he played large sections of the match in the center as Barça's deepest man while eto'o moved to the wing.

Yeah he did played through the center in the youth sides and was always really going to end up there.

The debate is whether it happened then because Messi asked/demanded.

JamDav1982

With Rijkaard he played only on the wing,after with Pep started all this

He played in the middle in the youth sides and Rijkaard himself said Messi would end up in the middle.

I doubt he had the false 9 in mind but it was pretty much certain he would end up in the middle.

J

jiopi

The worlds best creative passer, and sadly also highlighting the worlds most underperforming forwards. Imagine if Messi had Messi to score his passes?

Vapor

The worlds best creative passer, and sadly also highlighting the worlds most underperforming forwards. Imagine if Messi had Messi to score his passes?
This is what I always use to show people how badly we needed an upgrade of our forwards alongside Messi. Pedro and Alexis were generally deplorable all season in the goalscoring department... as has been shown, we can't keep up being the best when we can't finish the chances we create.

Neymar is a great step, I think promoting Duelo will also go along to curing this problem, as well as the further integration of Tello. Villa coming back to top form would be amazing and wouldn't hurt either.

On a positive note, these passes are so damn amazing though... works of art.

Ender

If he keeps up his form in the Confederations Cup, Neymar is as close as we're going to get to that scenario. So :thumbsup2:

J

jiopi

Well scoring in a tournament where goal scoring average is almost 5 per game isn't really indication of anything. But Neymar is exactly the kind of player that Barca needs, and it might rejuvenate the trust and confidence between the attackers, which I think have been somewhat lacking.

Ender

Well scoring in a tournament where goal scoring average is almost 5 per game isn't really indication of anything. But Neymar is exactly the kind of player that Barca needs, and it might rejuvenate the trust and confidence between the attackers, which I think have been somewhat lacking.
Let's not compare Torres against a team like Tahiti with Neymar against a team like Italy :lol:, but I certainly hope so.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

It's nearing 5 goals per game because of Tahiti's inclusion tbh :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans