10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Let's not compare Torres against a team like Tahiti with Neymar against a team like Italy :lol:, but I certainly hope so.
Well even without the 3 Tahiti games it's still 3.7, which is clear indication of indifference in the tournament, even more so at national level. And Italy was basically Italy B, and the goal actually a goalie mistake. But yeah.

XaviMessiGirl

It definitely wasn't "Italy B", losing those two did weaken the squad but it's not like all the other players are crap. Still a very solid team to beat.

Keikoku

Cabbage
It's wasn't a goalie mistake. 11JR tricked him. And I guess Italy without Pirlo and De Rossi is automatically Italy B :facepalm:

But... but... It's just Confederations Cup...
But... but... Buffon is on decline...
But... but... It's Italy B...
But... but................

Had Messi who scored that goal, it's surely one of the best goal I've ever seen...
Had Messi who scored that goal, he is simply the best free kick taker ever...

:VdB:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Italy B? How the hell was that Italy B? Even if it was, I don't see how that has any relevance to his free kick goal.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
According to MD (via Barcastuff) he has 4 charity games, first one on 29th of June, does anyone have any further info on them and if they will all be televised? I only knew about the one that is in Los Angelas (one with Neymar supposedly as well as Fabregas, Busquets and Abidal) but I know there was 2 or 3 last year.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Well, Italy A or Italy B, Neymar's freekick goal doesn't really have anything to do with that. Don't know if we can expect him to directly show his Confed Cup form, but once he adapts to the team, he will be a great addition to both Barca and Messi.

(I still don't think Neymar/Messi is close to Messi/Messi though.)

MMKa

According to MD (via Barcastuff) he has 4 charity games, first one on 29th of June, does anyone have any further info on them and if they will all be televised? I only knew about the one that is in Los Angelas (one with Neymar supposedly as well as Fabregas, Busquets and Abidal) but I know there was 2 or 3 last year.

I have only found info about Chicago on 6 July and Los Angeles 3 July. Pretty sure there will be streams.

Well, here about 2 July with Neymar in Peru: http://www.zapaday.com/m#event-514737-0-Messi+and+Neymar+play+friendly+charity+match.html

Last edited:
J

jiopi

It's wasn't a goalie mistake. 11JR tricked him. And I guess Italy without Pirlo and De Rossi is automatically Italy B :facepalm:
Freekick goal in the goalie side is always a goalie mistake more than anything else. No but without Barzagli, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cassano, Balzaretti, and Montolivo and Abate leaving pitch early, it was.

XaviMessiGirl

Freekick goal in the goalie side is always a goalie mistake more than anything else. No but without Barzagli, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cassano, Balzaretti, and Montolivo and Abate leaving pitch early, it was.

Cassano hasn't been called up since Euro 2012 & Balzaretti not since last November, so I don't know why you mention these two players as if Prandelli would have played them but chose to field a weaker side instead. Also, it's not like Abate having to come off for Maggio was a huge step back or anything, neither are "amazing" players (Italia lacks any real world class RB). Bonucci is no B-level player either. And the losses of Pirlo & De Rossi hurt, but that still doesn't mean that their replacements were that of a B team.

abual3bed1

Only Pirlo and De Rossi being absent can mess up this italian team. Others are easily replaceable.

J

jiopi

Team with those players won Germany in Euro 12 semi-final, it was their A-team.

GpG

World Cup 10 2,27
Copa America 11 2,08
Euro 12 2,45
Olympics 12 2,38
Confederations Cup 13 4,83 (3,67)

Spot the difference.

He's great goal scorer, but scoring in this kind of tournament is nothing to go on about.

ShandyFFM

BNpclomCEAANnRK.jpg

Messi wearing his new boots.

XaviMessiGirl

Team with those players won Germany in Euro 12 semi-final, it was their A-team.

Key word "was". WAS their A-team... a year ago. But things change. Prandelli has a project which is incorporating youth with experience, hence a couple of the 30+ years old players are no longer in the side. It's a step forward, not back. Like I said, I agree that Pirlo & De Rossi were losses but having two players out, no matter how key, does not turn the entire side into a B team.

But yeah regardless this has little to nothing to do with Neymar's fk. He still could have very well scored it with all those guys in the team. Buffon was horrendous in that match.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Cassano hasn't been called up since Euro 2012 & Balzaretti not since last November, so I don't know why you mention these two players as if Prandelli would have played them but chose to field a weaker side instead. Also, it's not like Abate having to come off for Maggio was a huge step back or anything, neither are "amazing" players (Italia lacks any real world class RB). Bonucci is no B-level player either. And the losses of Pirlo & De Rossi hurt, but that still doesn't mean that their replacements were that of a B team.

mattia-de-sciglio-ac-milan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans