10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixer

Guys, doesn't the charity game starts around 04:00?
Ahh, these time zones. I thought it starts soon because barcastuff tweeted:

Messi at meet and greet with fans in Lima, Peru, ahead of charity game tonight
BOL02epCIAAtJbC.jpg

Keikoku

Cabbage

It seems my intelligence isn't enough too understand the difference between excuse and reason. :rofl1:

Reason in your book is excuse in mine, got it? Do you know that not every human will share the same opinion as yours?
Lemme ask, unfit Messi, one leg Messi, bald Messi, super fit Messi, zombie Messi, when being played and played bad, is that not playing bad?
Sure I know the answer is, played bad but but but...

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Lemme ask, unfit Messi, one leg Messi, bald Messi, super fit Messi, zombie Messi, when being played and played bad, is that not playing bad?

Nobody said he did not play bad. They gave reasons for him playing bad. Or is giving reasons/excuses for something the same as stating the opposite? In your book.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

If it's not physically possible for him to play well in a game, how is that his fault? If he can't run because he's injured are you still going to blame him for being picked by the manager in the starting XI?

J

jiopi

For me Messi is the ultimate big game player, and I saw Maradona at his prime. Here's something concrete for the last decade

Against big clubs in 2011 (old list), Barca, Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Inter, Milan, Roma, Bayern.

di-QUV3.png

Messi in a completely different league to the rest. El Clasico all-time scorer, assister, European cup top scorer most in history, most goals at UCL-knock out stage and so on, and that just one aspect of his game.

For me Messi is not only the best big game player, but also the most consistent great performer that football has ever seen.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Nobody said he did not play bad. They gave reasons for him playing bad. Or is giving reasons/excuses for something the same as stating the opposite? In your book.

Nope. I just don't like people make excuses, simple as that. It's not like I don't know he is unfit and whatnot. I know he is unfit, if you follow where this all started and not just jump into the tornado without know anything, you sure know what my point.

If it's not physically possible for him to play well in a game, how is that his fault? If he can't run because he's injured are you still going to blame him for being picked by the manager in the starting XI?

I'm not looking for someone to blame. I (going to DarthVader mode :VdB: ) just have one point, that is "even Messi had a bad game where he is completely shut down by opponents".

I know he is unfit or whatnot but don't you who argued whith me get my point is?
I'm not ask about the reason why he played bad.

add again:

about this
If it's not physically possible for him to play well in a game, how is that his fault?

So you think I'm trying to blame Messi? :rofl1:
This why I said Messi's worshippers take everything so negative, I just stated my point, never blame him or what. :rofl1:

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Nope. I just don't like people make excuses, simple as that. It's not like I don't know he is unfit and whatnot. I know he is unfit, if you follow where this all started and not just jump into the tornado without know anything, you sure know what my point.

I'm not "jump[ing] into the tornado without know [sic] anything". Also, your logic in that post was flawed. Doesn't have anything to do with what you said before.

Keikoku

Cabbage
I'm not "jump[ing] into the tornado without know [sic] anything". Also, your logic in that post was flawed. Doesn't have anything to do with what you said before.

Huh? Then can you tell me please what started all of this and your opinion about what I tried to explain about?

i think people haven't agreed on what an excuse is vs what a reason is.
When you give excuses, it means that you could have done something but you just didn't do it.
when you give a reason, something beyond your power or out of your control didn't allow you to take certain action.
If Messi doesn't do well against a team, like when he didn't perform well vs chelsea ( the last time we played against them in Standford) then fanboys come out and say that it was b.c of the parked bus and b.c of the pitch.
To me that's an excuse. Why? because you can't praise messi as the best player ever for scoring against teams that park the bus in la liga but YET use that to defend Messi for not performing well against chelsea. There is no excuse, but there is reasons= messi is not superhuman, he actually has bad games, he isn't as good player against very physical teams.

J

jiopi

If Messi doesn't do well against a team, like when he didn't perform well vs chelsea ( the last time we played against them in Standford) then fanboys come out and say that it was b.c of the parked bus and b.c of the pitch.
Messi was Barcelona's best player in that match, you can't really ask more than that.

Keikoku

Cabbage

And oh yeah, someone wont accept that Messi played bad when he did because he is injured, here is the quotes.

I wish people would understand that excuses≠reasons.

I know I know, my point is even Messi had bad game where he completely shut down by the opponents.

No, Messi has a bad game when he's hardly fit and can't even make a run because of injury. Any top team would have shut him down that day, not just Bayern.

See the denial there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans