10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

2006: i wouldn't call it "Pwned" but ok, i'll give you that.
2006: group games? what about them? what did messi do?
Yes, what did Messi do in group games, did you watch them? Or do you label it playing bad by not scoring like in 2006 R16?

2009: tie deciding assist? Yes, but i bet if Cristiano or any other top player would have given that "assist" you would be laughing your ... off if someone called it an assist.
It's not the only thing how he played great/bad.

2012: An excuse? B.c he didn't look tired when he demolished milan at the camp nou but somehow he just got tired for chelsea's game.
Lolwut? Messi was the reason why Barca fought back the deficit in the league after new year, and he was the reason why Barca still had a chance to be 1 point off after the last Clasico, which could have been completely different if Xavi had scored the Messi through ball. It was the Chelsea - Madrid - Chelsea in one week which did Messi in. Again it's a valid reason why he played bad the last game against Chelsea. Well not bad, but Messi bad.

See what I'm talkig about? all excuses. Jiopi, admitting that messi is not all powerful and can't perform well against some teams (for now) won't make Messi any less of a great player than what he is. it will just make him human and that's why people would love him even more.
You are pretty illogical debater, you have hardly any true points, you jump from assumed point to another whenever you are proved wrong, and most what you say are easily countered with objectivity.

Last edited:

misterplatin

There is a difference in playing bad and not having a quantifiable influence . For me the Bayern game is a bad game .He did nothing basically during the 90 mins or so and that was because he got constantly pressured by players such as Ribery and Mueller (usually 99 percent attackers would not put so much effort) and big fighters like Schwein + Martinez and his team mates could not do anything . That is an exceptional game .

Games against Chelsea or Milan were not anywhere near bad performances .He had a average or good day just like his team mates .

J

jiopi

Bayern game Messi was still clearly unfit, like he was against PSG 2nd leg, which btw was probably the closest thing being all powerful, you'll ever see.

Yes, what did Messi do in group games, did you watch them? Or do you label it playing bad by not scoring like in 2006 R16?

You are pretty illogical debater, you have hardly any true points, you jump from assumed point to another whenever you are proved wrong, and most what you say are easily countered with objectivity.

the points are there for you to refute, but you haven't refuted any. Messi hasn't been man of the match in any of the games against Chelsea and he has never scored against them. To put Messis "assist" to Iniesta in the 2009 game as proof that Messi played great is laughable. Also, claiming that Messi carried the team last season ( which I agree) doesn't disprove he had bad games and flopped against Chelsea. I think you have made up your mind already about Messi and I only see our debate going in circles ( yes, for now, I too have made up my mind on Messi) . But I applaud you for always standing up to your convictions. Nice dabating you. I think we'll have more opportunities to debate more in the future! :p

Ghost

You know people are clutching at straws when they start blaming our absolute best player for matches we lost, despite him being our best player even in those matches. I won't be surprised if people started saying ''we should've got Ronaldo'' once Messi retires.

Off topic:
who is the beautiful lady in your avatar , suckabov ?

Jennifer Lawrence.
what time is the match GMT?

GMT? 02:00 AM

Last edited:
I get you reasoning but the last part I disagree with, Real was extremely physical against him the last few years and at their worst he was owning them in 2011.
I'm glad you agree with most of my post. It caught my eye to see that you referred to Messi owning madrid in 2011, you don't think Messi owned Madrid in 2012 ? And if so I'd like to know why you think that way...

J

jiopi

the points are there for you to refute, but you haven't refuted any. Messi hasn't been man of the match in any of the games against Chelsea and he has never scored against them.
First not performing in big games, then playing bad big games, then playing bad against Chelsea, then not shining against Chelsea, we finally got to not being the MoM against Chelsea? You finally see my point?

Btw, Messi was MoM in 2006 first leg.

Faceless

No more faces at night
You know people are clutching at straws when they start blaming our absolute best player for matches we lost, despite him being our best player even in those matches. I won't be surprised if people started saying ''we should've got Ronaldo'' once Messi retires.

Off topic:

Jennifer Lawrence.

GMT? 02:00 AM

That's blasphemous in my opinion to say that "we should have took Ronaldo"
So much butthurt going around.

Ghost

That's blasphemous in my opinion to say that "we should have took Ronaldo"
So much butthurt going around.

It will happen, and I will be there to quote it, and laugh.

One bad season from Messi. One. That's what it will take to see how much some of the members on this board detest him or the ''hype'' surrounding him as they.

I know I will be called a Messi fanboy because of my avatar, but I like all players equally. I always state it's pointless to debate which player is better at ''X'' because all of them play for us whenever I see people arguing in the various threads.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I'm glad you agree with most of my post. It caught my eye to see that you referred to Messi owning madrid in 2011, you don't think Messi owned Madrid in 2012 ? And if so I'd like to know why you think that way...

I remember Madrid being more physical in 2011, it became less in my opinion when they started to win against us.

barcanuck

I'm just so intrested to see how Messi and Neymar will learn to share the spotlight. Messi has had experience with Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry, Ibra, Villa and alot of those players were in latter stages of their career.

Question is how will Messi share the spotlight with a youngster like Neymar?

This wasn't an assist? What is, then?

If you look at my comment, you will see that the word "assist" is in between quotations. That means that although it is an assist, it's not an assist that takes a lot of skill or effort to produce. That guy was saying that this "assist" was a highlight of Messi producing or playing good against Chelsea .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans