10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

If someone accuses me of being a thieve and I have the money and resources to prove my innocence why wouldn't I?
I would not only prove my innocence, I would also sue the people who accused me of stealing.
The settling must be done b.c Messi is guilty ( whether he knew or not, I don't really know). Messi's image can not be saved by settling, it will actually be damaged because as Chinese cule says, he will admit being guilty by doing that.

It just doesn't make sense that Messi would simply want to give away so many millions if he knows he's innocent. As Flavia says, it could have been his accountants fault, but in these cases, accountants can't do anything without Messi's signature.

O please, how the hell would you know if he's guilty or not? You don't, neither do any of us really, stop talking out of your ass. To make this case go away with the least amount of damage to his image he should settle instead of spening energy going to court, thats just how these things go.

Meitux

1000 is really hard.Maybe times Pele was playing was easier to score? I dont know.... 1282 goals are way too many

J

jiopi

Pele played almost 400 friendly/exhibition/charity/movie matches and banged almost 500 goals in them, Messi is never going to match that, nor should he. He's well on reach of Pele's official competitive goals though, which is the only important part, and he isn't doing that playing some regional leagues.

raskolnikov

Pele played almost 400 friendly/exhibition/charity/movie matches and banged almost 500 goals in them, Messi is never going to match that, nor should he. He's well on reach of Pele's official competitive goals though, which is the only important part, and he isn't doing that playing some regional leagues.
I think Messi will be a top 5/6 official goalscorer by the time he is done, along with Romario, Pele, Bican, Gerd Muller and Puskas.
That is much much better than unofficial included for sure.
I guess it will depend how long he will play though where he end up.

O please, how the hell would you know if he's guilty or not? You don't, neither do any of us really, stop talking out of your ass. To make this case go away with the least amount of damage to his image he should settle instead of spening energy going to court, thats just how these things go.

I don't know for sure but in these cases, If settling, Messi hasn't proven the accusations against him were wrong. Therefore in my eyes he's not proven his innocence ( whether he knew about it or not).

If he goes on trial it wont matter if he proves his innocence. There'd be more damage to his image. The more this drags on, the worse it will be. Pics of him on trial, leaving court, the publicity, etc, can be worse than settling. Outcome wouldnt matter, for most of the public if someone's on trial, they're guilty already.

It could be true what you are saying. Since its merely a settlement, most people will probably not even hear about it.

You're just forgetting the madrid press. They are already making a huge fuss about it. And the football fans that care to know what's really going on are a minority. In time it'll all go away, but it's best if it's fast, as this could affect Messi.

I think Barcelona's press would have done the same if it was Ronaldo. They are just famous people and therefore, anything relate to them is news. I remember watching a poll in one Madrid news channel were they were asking if Messi should got to jail. More than 75% of the viewers said Messi should go to jail for his crime if found guilty. :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The guy who scored that bycicle kick was some student, amateur football player. I think he'll get some offers from few MLS clubs, at least for tests. He played because some players couldn't arrive

That was absolutely perfect form on the bicycle, like the Rivaldo one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans