10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sil85

1001136_549274515130216_797510740_n.jpg

51d84b32caab9_577_337.jpg

1373176641-messi-and-friends-play-the-rest-of-the-world_2231292.jpg

Mitchell1978

I don't know for sure but in these cases, If settling, Messi hasn't proven the accusations against him were wrong. Therefore in my eyes he's not proven his innocence ( whether he knew about it or not).

Its innocent unless proven guilty, everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt, certainly Messi.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently the ticket sales of the Chicago game were quite bad, only 25,000 of them were sold. I guess Messi is not that popular in the US huh?

Its innocent unless proven guilty, everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt, certainly Messi.

That only works for people who go on trial. In Messi's case, Even though he won't go on trial, he still takes full responsibility of the accusations and accepts them. He will pay what he owes plus penalties. In other words, by doing this, Messi automatically pleads guilty without going on trial.
It's like a drunk driver. He's technically innocent until proven guilty( he still has to go to court to fight off the evidence if he chooses to). But most of the time, these people plead guilty without going on trial ( it is almost impossible to fight against the evidence). They still pay penalties though because they have automatically assumed the blame for the wrongdoing.They just did it without going on trial.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Apparently the ticket sales of the Chicago game were quite bad, only 25,000 of them were sold. I guess Messi is not that popular in the US huh?

Did you watch the game? It's not really soccer, just like watching a bunch of guys playing pick-up down at the park. Fine for the kids and family, but not interesting for the soccer fan.

The off-season friendlies here between major European clubs sell out.

Elite-BkD

Went to see him play at Soldier Field for his charity match. Obviously not at all the same as a competitive match but it was awesome to see him. Henry as well, he was definitely having some fun out there.
Must say, fans in the states are hilarious, Messi had a big round of applause for his first touch and I could hear a bunch of people seated near me screaming at him to shoot right away (from like 40+yds with defenders in front of him) and there was an awful lot of booing when he passed the ball for the first ten minutes or so, seems like half the crowd had only ever seen him on youtube before. Good times though, makes me really want to see him play in Barcelona now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans