10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Went to see him play at Soldier Field for his charity match. Obviously not at all the same as a competitive match but it was awesome to see him. Henry as well, he was definitely having some fun out there.
Must say, fans in the states are hilarious, Messi had a big round of applause for his first touch and I could hear a bunch of people seated near me screaming at him to shoot right away (from like 40+yds with defenders in front of him) and there was an awful lot of booing when he passed the ball for the first ten minutes or so, seems like half the crowd had only ever seen him on youtube before. Good times though, makes me really want to see him play in Barcelona now.

So they were booing him because they wanted to see him shooting and scoring goals instead of passing and creating chances and assists?

'Mericans. :giggle: Just kidding. :beer2:

Centrocampista23

More bad press for Messi after ditching another meet & greet that fans paid $2-3k for (apparently he did the same in the 2 charity games in south america too)

Elite-BkD

Yeah that source reports that the LA match was to follow the Chicago one and was canceled after all those players dropped out. Oughta have their facts straight..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans