10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

Of course there is, but the reasons are mainly of an economic nature. Also, if you are a religious person, which I definitely am not, isn't it like a moral obligation for you to marry, before sex or the birth of a child, because your religion dictates you to do so?

I think nowadays even among religious folks (at least in Christianity) staying a virgin until you're married is becoming a minority. I know a lot of young people who believe in God, go to church but have had sex.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I think nowadays even among religious folks (at least in Christianity) staying a virgin until you're married is becoming a minority. I know a lot of young people who believe in God, go to church but have had sex.

Amen. I'm not religious myself, but definitely grew up in a religious environment, and I can say that hardly anyone is that old-fashioned anymore. And I'm coming from a Christian and Muslim background.

Love it how Messi sparks all kinds of ethical, political and religious debates. There's hardly anything he can do.

As for Antonella, she's stunning. And I'm a girl.

XaviMessiGirl

Amen. I'm not religious myself, but definitely grew up in a religious environment, and I can say that hardly anyone is that old-fashioned anymore. And I'm coming from a Christian and Muslim background.

Love it how Messi sparks all kinds of ethical, political and religious debates. There's hardly anything he can do.

As for Antonella, she's stunning. And I'm a girl.

yeh, I grew up in a Catholic family but my mother taught me more about just having safe sex rather than saying I need to stay abstinent until married. Of course got the speech that I should only have sex with someone I loved (normal) but marriage wasn't necessarily a requirement. My aunt is another story though, she's the old-fashioned fundamentalist type who has a bit of a problem with how I "turned out", so I've seen both sides of the equation.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Kaka is a model of morality. Virgin until he was 24 wasn't he?

The hell does being a virgin have anything to do with morality. There are plenty of assholes that keep it in their pants simply because their beliefs dictate it.

I have nothing against people having sex and having kids before/without getting married, but I too find it funny and kind of hypocritical of some people (football players in this particular case) to act like they're devout Christians (or whichever other religion we're talking about), thank God for every goal, wear crosses around their necks, say a prayer when entering the field, etc., then totally not live like a Christian outside of that context.

There are many different belief systems and not all follow the same strict rules with regards to sex. Even if one chooses to only follow certain parts of whichever belief system they associate themselves with it doesn't make them hypocrites. At the end of the day all these holy books have been written down by MAN and it is another MAN who has selected the various texts and bound them together in a matter which suited THEIR beliefs. Just because another person has a slightly different opinion and would have different beliefs doesn't make their choices any less valid.

Or at least that's my take on it.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There are many different belief systems and not all follow the same strict rules with regards to sex. Even if one chooses to only follow certain parts of whichever belief system they associate themselves with it doesn't make them hypocrites. At the end of the day all these holy books have been written down by MAN and it is another MAN who has selected the various texts and bound them together in a matter which suited THEIR beliefs. Just because another person has a slightly different opinion and would have different beliefs doesn't make their choices any less valid.

You are definitely onto something, especially when you consider the context of Christianity, which assumes humans are sinners by default therefore negating the possibility of a perfect man/woman... At the end of times only the guy up above will ultimately pass judgement on every human's actions or something like that... Add to that the concept of free will lying deep in the foundation of christianity... Every human has the decision to do what he thinks suits him/her, so when he/she goes against predefined rules he is well aware that it is a sin...

Christians don't abandon their faith in God/Christ when they sin, so they are not living outside the context of christianity, they are just disobeying its rules, kinda like when a regular person breaks the law, they don't stop being citizens of their nation, they disobey its rules and are judged accordingly, which in christians' case, will happen when the apocalypse comes...

It's only hypocrisy when the preacher doesn't apply his preachings, and in this case Messi is not preaching about a perfect family or chastity or playing holier than thou, so all this debate around him has no meaning, however if you look at the Vatican and many politicians, that's another story...

Stric

And I agree 100%. I don't think less of anyone for that reason. I'm just saying, if you're into that sort of thing, you need consistency. I'm not religious so I couldn't care less about whether someone practices their religion entirely or chooses to pick out the things that they like. But if you choose to follow only certain parts of a religion, and exclude some of its basic principles, then you're not really a practicing ______ (whichever religion we're talking about). It's as simple as that. Not following the rules every once in a while (that is, sinning) is a normal thing, but ignoring the basic concepts all together is a different one. For example, if you don't go to church, don't pray, don't follow the no children outside of marriage part, then you're not really Catholic. Sure, many people will still call themselves that, but in reality, nothing makes you Catholic. I could go around claiming that I'm Jewish, but if I don't play the part, then surely I'm not really Jewish. I'm not making any reference to Messi here, or any other specific reference, but I know people who do that sort of thing.

Sorry for going so off-topic. :)

Chainsaw

Killahead
Stay on topic guys

antonella-messi.jpg

Leo10

Take an average good looking young girl, invest tons of money in her looks, because you are a millionaire and can afford it.

Congratulations you just got your own Antonella. :messi:

Its all about the money, how did Cristiano Ronaldo look when he was young? Bad teeth, bad haircut, bad face skin. How does he look now when the money is rolling?

Last edited:

Meitux

Take an average good looking young girl, invest tons of money in her looks, because you are a millionaire and can afford it.

Congratulations you just got your own Antonella. :messi:

Its all about the money, how did Cristiano Ronaldo look when he was young? Bad teeth, bad haircut, bad face skin. How does he look now when the money is rolling?
The problem is fucking ugly players like Ribery..he has so many money and he doesnt fix his bad teeth neither Tevez..they have money to improve their ugly faces but they dont do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans