10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

For the love of god please play him against Atletico, my betting is suffering. Lost two accumulators over 2.5 against atletico and Malaga.
You'd lose a lot more money in the long run if Messi worsens his injury by coming back too soon.

raskolnikov

I say bench him, start with Neymar-Cesc-Alexis, bring in Messi in second half (or around 60th minute) or not at all depending on how the game goes.

CatalinR10

Ribéry: "I deserve Ballon D'Or more than Messi and Cristiano. That's the kind of recognition I've been seeking for a while now." [Kicker]

I+can+t+stop+laughing+at+that+gif+I+m+literally+crying+_0a3b441c09cc3bcd59fc5eee414b263b.gif

Henry_IB

Banned
Ribéry: "I deserve Ballon D'Or more than Messi and Cristiano. That's the kind of recognition I've been seeking for a while now." [Kicker]

Well, if Messi's injury run keeps going he might actually have a fair shot at it. However, he and Cristiano have the same shitty pretenious attitude.

barcanuck

I+can+t+stop+laughing+at+that+gif+I+m+literally+crying+_0a3b441c09cc3bcd59fc5eee414b263b.gif

Hahha scarface thinks he's the best ever all of a sudden. Took off his shirt and threw it in the crowd after a goal against Nureberg. Very deushy.

coco1247

Banned
Don't know. I think he does deserve it. Say what you want, but the man won a treble. Ronaldo didn't win anything (beside the Supercopa but who cares about that :lol: ) and Messi won La Liga. But both RM and Barca have flopped in the CL hard.
This is nothing personal, just to be clear. I just think winning a treble and being instrumental in winning it is a greater achievement than what Messi or Ronaldo have done.
Of course, both are better players than Ribery, but you gotta have something to show for it.

coco1247

Banned
Not really. Insulting a player based on his appearance is mean imo. You can say he's arrogant, full of himself, whatever vibe you get off him, but calling someone scarface is not nice at all. He's not the best looking fellow, but that has nothing to do with him as a player or as a person and the comments he makes.

Henry_IB

Banned
Of course, both are better players than Ribery

Ballon'dor is an award for individual performances and although Messi was injured towards the end of the season in my mind at least he was by far better individually (Ronaldo as well) than Ribery who, although certaintly is in top 5 for individual performances, also played for by far the best side in the world last season.

Ask yourself this, if Ribery had played in another side that didn't win anything but held the same level as he did this year, would you still think he deserves the ballon'dor? If the answer is no, then he doesn't deserve it for winning the treble with bayern either.

However, this view that associate individual performance and greatness with trophies is unfortunately very common among people and thus I do think Ribery stand a real chance to win it, especially because of Messi's injuries, and it's also because of this view I think Messi won't go down by many as the history's best footballer if he fails to win the world cup.

I do fully agree with you on the unnecessary comment regarding Ribery's appearance though.

Last edited:

coco1247

Banned
Hmm I associate trophies with individual performances, because that's what football is about - winning titles. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one I guess :D

raladadala

Messi is better at everything except work rate.
The award should go to the best player, team success should not matter.
Otherwise just give the prize to Neuer.

Don't know. I think he does deserve it. Say what you want, but the man won a treble. Ronaldo didn't win anything (beside the Supercopa but who cares about that :lol: ) and Messi won La Liga. But both RM and Barca have flopped in the CL hard.
This is nothing personal, just to be clear. I just think winning a treble and being instrumental in winning it is a greater achievement than what Messi or Ronaldo have done.
Of course, both are better players than Ribery, but you gotta have something to show for it.

They were both better than Ribery individually, and the Ballon d'or is an individual award. IMO it should be 1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Ribery. The Ballon d'or is an award for the best player, not the player playing in the best team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans