10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

A Chelsea goalie in net and Messi stings the cross bar late in the second leg of a knockout ... De ja vu. He got hacked early and it really annoyed him. Ref didnt give any cards for fouls on him it seemed. A almost fit Messi is still way better than playing Sanchez and Pedro together and he was just getting used to the new LW so no big deal.

J

jiopi

Just watched first half, and he was easily the best Barca player in the pitch. Should definitely start against Valencia.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A Chelsea goalie in net and Messi stings the cross bar late in the second leg of a knockout ... De ja vu. He got hacked early and it really annoyed him. Ref didnt give any cards for fouls on him it seemed. A almost fit Messi is still way better than playing Sanchez and Pedro together and he was just getting used to the new LW so no big deal.

Also a blueprint for opposing sides on how to take Leo off his game, piss him off with thuggery and a compliant referee

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'll probably get slaughtered here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it either. His attitude towards teammates seems to have changed in the past couple years. The supposed quotes themselves were most likely made up but we've all seen him getting frustrated/yelling at his teammates & not really in the same way that Puyol might.

No question Messi can get annoyed on the pitch, but seeing Alexis wasting good chances Messi created for him would make anyone want to slaughter him. We all know neither Pedro nor Alexis are an equal match for Messi and I sometimes feel Messi, and now Neymar and Messi, deserve a better partner (I'm dreaming of Reus).
But it's one thing to get annoyed on the pitch and another to harass others off the pitch, and I see no indication whatsoever that Messi would do that. On the contrary. Messi bitching around and Puyi, Xavi etc keeping quiet about it? No team can function if there are hard feelings or ongoing feuds among the players - see Bayern, who only excelled after Jupp sorted out the feuds. Same goes for Barcelona. And it always seemed to me that Messi is getting along well with everyone, especially Cesc, Pique, Iniesta etc.

Thing is, also, there have been more occasions where Messi could have finished himself but passed to other players to let them give it a try than there have been incidents of Messi shouting at others (Villa). Plus, Messi always, always almost immediately thanks and celebrates with whomever gave him the assist. And he usually tries to involve others in his play instead of just doing everything on his own.
I know these arguments are somewhat lame and don't prove anything, but this is exactly why this story is quite clever - no one can say anything against it since all we see is his behavior on the pitch. No one knows what happens off the pitch except for the players, and they are allegedly forced to keep quiet about Messi the bully.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lindsay edges closer to the dark side, easily swayed by the incessant vitriol towards the club & it's players by Italian fans despite this baseless link to Messi's 'attitude'...Ignoring what his teammates & coaches have consistently said about him, guess it's easier to assume the worst with someone so great

Ursegor

World Champion
He shouldn't take penalties against tall keepers like Neuer, Cech, Courtois etc. He has a mental block against those. Said it himself.

Meitux

Well he tried to roof it just to ensure that it won't be saved, but couldn't keep it down a little bit more to score. Same happened against Cech, he tried hitting it high for the goalkeeper to have no chance, but he should have a little bit more faith to himself against those top keepers.

XaviMessiGirl

Lindsay edges closer to the dark side, easily swayed by the incessant vitriol towards the club & it's players by Italian fans despite this baseless link to Messi's 'attitude'...Ignoring what his teammates & coaches have consistently said about him, guess it's easier to assume the worst with someone so great

No, I'm pretty sure I can think for myself & make my own opinions, thanks...

puri

It's true most likely. But that doesnt mean shit. That's a way to channel your anger on the field. It just means that he's a normal person after all and not jesus christ reborn. Suprise.
I wouldn't blow it out of proportion by saying he's bullying his mates.

numero

I'll probably get slaughtered here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it either. His attitude towards teammates seems to have changed in the past couple years. The supposed quotes themselves were most likely made up but we've all seen him getting frustrated/yelling at his teammates & not really in the same way that Puyol might.

you know very little about the guy it seems. Try doing more research work before making conclusions about messi and his behavior. No one, in or outside the club for last 5 years had any problems with messi. Alexis in an interview to Barca tv said , "We talk about many things in the dressing room or when we are out partying. We all know that messi is the best player in the world but it is hard to believe when you hang out with him. He makes you feel like family."

I can go on with other quotes or interviews if you want. But I believe you want to keep yourself in the dream land?

eh right ???

Kerrybai

It's true most likely. But that doesnt mean shit. That's a way to channel your anger on the field. It just means that he's a normal person after all and not jesus christ reborn. Suprise.
I wouldn't blow it out of proportion by saying he's bullying his mates.

No, its most likely untrue. The timing of the quotes tells us everything we need to know about their credibility.

Messi's performance was pretty good in the first half, and his lack of pressing made sense as he is lacking match fitness. The super copa is an insignificant trophy and was a perfect opportunity to get both Messi and Neymar up to 100% match fitness. Hopefully they will both be on top of their game Sunday.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No, I'm pretty sure I can think for myself & make my own opinions, thanks...

Not if we're going by your comments on zero evidence while ignoring the bevy of examples of how good a teammate he is...Not too dissimilar to you claiming Xavi was unsportsmanlike, I might add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans