10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

There's definitely some truth to it. Even in today's match Messi got pissed at Xavi during a free kick. He seems to be bossing around everyone. It won't be later until we see Messi screaming at Neymar.

That's how some rumors start. He wasn't pissed at Xavi, but at the Atlético player staying too close to the ball.

Of course Messi is no angel, he is a man, human like everyone else. But I rather believe on what many players and coaches say about him, than believe in made up quotes, or take in consideration the opinion of many who clearly have an agenda against him.

You guys seem to forget there are other players with strong personalities on the team as well. I really doubt Puyol would tolerate Messi saying such things to a colleague. It really wouldn't matter if he was the best. The atmosphere at the club would be quite different if he really was a dictator, as many claim he is. Some said he chose the coach, and this is funny now, when the guy has already substituted him in a match.

XaviMessiGirl

Ah well in that case I shall take ur opinion as gospel =P jk

Of course :D

In seriousness though I do spend an obscene amount of time trying to analyze people, I interpret certain things relating to personality differently than others might, it's just how I am.

And I definitely admit I could very well be wrong. Nothing I'm saying is fact.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't see what these rumours have to do with his ego though. These particular quotes are almost certainly made up, at least there is no proof etc that he really did say that. Also it takes more than a big ego to attack someone on a personal level - has nothing to do with what he does on the pitch.

On another note, bummer he didn't get the award, but not surprising. Just hope the Ballon D'Or will be his. Also, Ronaldo 3 votes? Lol.

XaviMessiGirl

Well yeah I'm pretty sure the quotes themselves are fake, I'm just saying that the principle might have a bit of truth to it. But anyway this debate isn't going to go anywhere so probably best to drop it.

As for the award it sucks that he didn't win it, I think he still has a great chance of Ballon D'Or though especially if his injury problems end.

F

Flavia

I don't see what these rumours have to do with his ego though. These particular quotes are almost certainly made up, at least there is no proof etc that he really did say that. Also it takes more than a big ego to attack someone on a personal level - has nothing to do with what he does on the pitch.
Yeah. I really dislike cr, think his usual attitude, as missing the award today, is really bad. But I can't imagine even him saying those things to a teammate. That's why it baffles me that some actually can envision Messi doing that.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
As for the award it sucks that he didn't win it, I think he still has a great chance of Ballon D'Or though especially if his injury problems end.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure he is still favourite to win it... The BD voting is much more open and not just restricted to 3, so I suppose the other Bayern players will steal some votes from Ribery. And I highly doubt Ribery will get many votes from outside of Europe. Plus, the UEFA award is more of a season award, while for the BD it is more the overall performance that is being valued, rather than achievements in a specific season.

I just hope we will see Messi at his best again soon!

Yeah. I really dislike cr, think his usual attitude, as missing the award today, is really bad. But I can't imagine even him saying those things to a teammate. That's why it baffles me that some actually can envision Messi doing that.
Yes, the only person that seems capable of that to me would be Barton, due to his attacks on Neymar, although I doubt even he would do it face to face, to a team mate. Messi, no way. Regardless of who he ever shouted at... On top of that, not even Messi would get away with it.

alex88bg

He wasnt pissed of at Xavi...Are you guys insane with your comments ? Messi has authority over the group as its best player,and they respect him.FULL STOP ! Stop imagining things please you are acting like bunch of lunatics.It hurts me to say but your play acting is so repulsive that is drawing me away from the forum,and dont get me started on the chat.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
It's no surprise when you have arguebly the best player of all time and one of the best teams to ever exist you almost run out of things to critize and it is human nature to find errors and seek to change them, so we gotta talk about whatever little we find... but its hardly anything serious messis apparent attitude problem. thank god though not everything is evidently perfect. That would just be boring

J

jiopi

804483615.jpg

Messi: "I'm very happy with the Super Cup. Atletico is a team that doesn't give you space, goes for every ball, it was a tough tie."

Messi: "In the end, I only got a knock in the first leg. I'm returning from an injury, which was also a relapse, so I'm more careful."

Well yeah I'm pretty sure the quotes themselves are fake, I'm just saying that the principle might have a bit of truth to it. But anyway this debate isn't going to go anywhere so probably best to drop it.

Great chance? I think he's the clear favorite, especially if his injury problems end. He's been the best player individually, and the Ballon d'or is an individual award. And team success doesn't influence the Ballon d'or as much as it does the UEFA player of the year award (see last year, when Iniesta won the UEFA award because he won the Euro, but Messi won the Ballon d'or because he was the best player).

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Ibrahimovic: "Ribery deserves award? If it's about the team, he should win. But if it's about individual talent, no one's better than Messi"

Ibrahimovic (PSG): "If it was up to me, I'd cut the trophy in two pieces, and I'd give Messi one half and Ribery the other."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans