10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Would explain why he has only ever been interested in football and not much else, people with Asperger's Syndrome tend to have just one keen interest, and maybe why he was always pretty quiet, although it's just plausible, not definite, he might not have it of course.

If he would have had Asperger's Syndrome , he should have had therapy during his whole childhood in order to integrate in society .

Rahj

if it was the case that messi really has aspergers, his condition maybe wasn't detected and he was just thought to be a quiet fellow. happened frequently with people who had aspergers.

XaviMessiGirl

If he would have had Asperger's Syndrome , he should have had therapy during his whole childhood in order to integrate in society .

If it's just mild, not necessarily. I've known people with Asperger's (or who I think might have it) who, while a little shy/socially awkward, still function in society without ever having had therapy.

CatalinR10

if it was the case that messi really has aspergers, his condition maybe wasn't detected and he was just thought to be a quiet fellow. happened frequently with people who had aspergers.

You could be right in some cases but I have a degree in clinical pshychology and did some volunteering at an association that does therapy with children who have autism , rett and asperger's syndrome and believe me , when a child has something like this , it's really hard not to detect it .

CatalinR10

Hey, someone else besides me with a psychology degree. :D

tumblr_inline_mpilp50zZU1qz4rgp.gif

Cheers !

:beer2:

F

Flavia

This about Messi having asperger popped up in the br media some weeks ago. I'm thinking romario saw it and he's saying it's true without checking. As a congressman, and because he has a daughter with down syndrome, Romario tries to show that people with any disability can have a great life. I searched and found no credible source on Messi having asperger, though.

F

Flavia

Romario's twett had a bad repercution on spanish media. He now posted Messi's father have denied Messi has any form of autism.

BarcaGirl

Why does it matter if he has Asperger's anyway? It's not something bad.

I know it's nothing bad, I also have a friend with Asperger's. But you know the spanish press. They have no respect for anything. It's only a matter of time, before they begin calling Messi a retard. And people with the same syndrome might take it as a personal insult to them.

F

Flavia

Well , since someone like Romario said on twitter that Messi has Asperger , it's expected that people will discuss this subject in forums , don't you think ?

I think asperger was dropped from DSM, wasn't it? Now everything is autism, different degrees.

Romario just tweeted Jorge Messi will sue him. He should check this things before announcing to the world as if it were true.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think asperger was dropped from DSM, wasn't it? Now everything is autism, different degrees.

Romario just tweeted Jorge Messi will sue him. He should check this things before announcing to the world as if it were true.

Wow. Come on Jorge, do you really need to take this so seriously? Suing Romario will generate more publicity than one garbage tweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans