10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca1899

If I missed any, please tell me to add it to the list...

BU9XpkkCYAA_uaT.png:large

César Rodríguez, Ferenc Puskás, Alfredo Di Stéfano, Jimmy Greaves

Henry_IB

Banned
Seriously, I always thought jiopi isn't older than 21/22.

His statement is quite ambiguous. Saying you've seem Maradona in his prime can mean he simply has watched recordings of Maradona, doesn't mean he has watched him live. Or he's just simply lying in order to give his opinion more authority. Or he actually is around 40 or older.

Kerrybai

It's funny that so shortly after people complained he doesn't dribble as much as he used to and then he turns on the style dribbling like a man possessed.

He is unplayable at the moment. How any can complain about his finishing is beyond me. He has a conversion rate of about 22% right now which is only slightly off last season. I'm sure someone has his conversion stats somewhere.

Stric

I think it's just that we're so used to him scoring from the slightest of chances that we're really shocked to see him miss what are almost sitters.

Elite-BkD

He's ordinary at finishing easy chances. Same with lower pressure situations. I think he may well score just about as many brilliant equalizers or go-ahead goals as he does easy finishes and tap ins.
It's a very very unusual and perfectly acceptable weakness to his game, that he's so much less lethal in front of goal when it doesn't matter as much.
That's my impression anyhow.

barcanuck

Using the word improve and Messi in the same sentence again is insane because he improves on so many things it's just baffling

J

jiopi

It's funny that so shortly after people complained he doesn't dribble as much as he used to and then he turns on the style dribbling like a man possessed.

He is unplayable at the moment. How any can complain about his finishing is beyond me. He has a conversion rate of about 22% right now which is only slightly off last season. I'm sure someone has his conversion stats somewhere.
What's funny is that he actually dribbled already more when people complained, but it took a lot of games in a row to people to actually notice it.

I agree with Elite's observation, often when there's no pressure, or the result doesn't matter as much, he seems to let go of some of his concentration and form. He lives for pressure and challenge, that's why he's the ultimate big game player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans