10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi could have a small muscle tear. He would anyhow miss next two games (Celtic - Valladolid) and be back after international break [catr]

When is the NT week?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This negativity again... if Barça were worse than Celtic without Messi why doesn't he join them?

Everything else than us dominating our next opponents would be a complete disappointment, we're much, much better than most teams we face even without Messi, yet people act as if we only play Bayern- or Real-like teams and Barça only consists of Messi.

I shouldn't even bother to reply anymore to this nonsense but it infuriates me to see people think like this. Messi injured = Barça will lose against anyone.

Oh, and, in case you haven't noticed, we were equally bad with Messi on the pitch today.

If last season was any indication, we were very, very bad without Messi. Not I am saying Celtic will be an easy goal fest for us if Messi plays, not at all.

We are not as good as you think.

I don't share your dose of optimism just like you don't share my dose of pessimism. Let's get on with it.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi could have a small muscle tear. He would anyhow miss next two games (Celtic - Valladolid) and be back after international break [catr]

When is the NT week?
On the weekend of oct 12th. So he'll get 2 weeks rest, hopefully. Sabella wont risk him, I guess. Should just let him rest.

poldep

BVQ4mxOIQAAuSjn.jpg

Do we have a Messi clone?

Ritchie

Hoping for even nasty wins for the two games while Messi is out and pray that Leo will get a full recovery.

Our management really need to get to the bottom of his injury.

I bet he still goes off with Argentina then and plays for them. At least they don't need results.

Indignado

If last season was any indication, we were very, very bad without Messi.

We are not as good as you think.

I don't share your dose of optimism just like you don't share my dose of pessimism. Let's get on with it.

I'm not an optimist. Things are never black and white. But your claims about our current level are laughable. Even though I'm also of the opinion that we don't play as beautiful football without Messi and are generally not as good as with him for numerous reasons (one being unexplicably using a midfielder in his place), we're still a world class team and I'd like to remind you that we played 6 liga games last season without him (one of them being against Málaga) and won all of them. Also, he was present when we lost 0-2 to Milan, 1-2 to Celtic and 0-4 to Bayern.

It's not that we're bad without him, instead the problem is pretty much that our style of play revolves so much around him that when he's away, we either have to substitute him with a player that has the same strengths as him and plays in a similar manner or the players have to adapt to him not being on the field and play much differently. A lot of people here on the forum think Alexis would be better suited to play at false 9 than Cesc but apparently Tata doesn't think that so we're left with such an important position being filled out by a player who's very different from Messi.

But, still, we're much better than Celtic and Valladolid.

BarcaGirl

If he knows what's good for him, he won't play the ARG games, more so after they already qualified for the WC.

Let him rest for 2 weeks, and come back 100% fit. I believe we can handle the games against Celtic/Valladolid without him :)

F

Flavia

If he knows what's good for him, he won't play the ARG games, more so after they already qualified for the WC.

Let him rest for 2 weeks, and come back 100% fit. I believe we can handle the games against Celtic/Valladolid without him :)
Sabella is the one who has to be smart here, and take him out of the arg squad.
Let him stay at bcn to rest, or the wc could also be at stake.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How the hell could he have torn his muscle from a little discomfort? Hopefully (and logically) it wouldn't be that serious and he can make it back sooner than expected. Other than that, there's gotta be something wrong body-wise for him to be getting so many injuries, and the physios need to find out what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans