10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

Anyone know current goal stats for this calendar year of Messi and Ronaldo?

Messi has 42 in 40 games (36 in 33 for FCB & 6 in 7 for ARG).

Ronaldo has more, 49 i think but in 4/5 more games.

With this latest injury i don't think Messi is going to catch him for what 2013 is concerned.

KhaledBarca

Messi 42 goals in 40 official games for club & country in year 2013 (3020 minutes).
Cristiano 49 in 44 (3539 minutes).

Cristiano has 3 easy games to increase the difference, before Messi comes back...
games vs Levante (away), Israel (home) and Luxemburg (home)!

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Someone from the Chinese bolgsephere claimed that some of the governing rules for selecting the winner of Ballon D'Or have changed this year: For the first time the number of voting journalists and media reps etc. will be equal to the number of players (capitans) and coaches, managers etc. instead of being outnumbered previously. It is believed that by FIFA implementing these changes, Ribery's chances of winning will be boosted significantly since journalists tend to vote for Ribery, as witnessed by the UEFA Player of The Year experience.

Is there any truth to this?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
No, there isn't. It has always been one journalist, captain and coach per country and that is still the case. And even if the number of journalists doubled, this wouldn't increase or decrease anyone's chances, as the journalists aren't determined to vote for Ribery, just like last year the majority voted for Messi, not Iniesta.

MMKa

Each group represents 33 %.

If there are 1 captain and 1 coach voting Messi (and no other votes) and 100 journalists voting Ribery, total results are:
Messi 66 %
Ribery 33 %

raskolnikov

As long as he stays fit till they do the voting he will win it.
The only threat is people thinking he shouldnt win cause he have been injured too much.

Qonny

Do you guys think Messi's goal against Bilbao this spring will be amongst the nominees for the goal of the year?

Qonny

It will? Wasn't it scored last fall, before the awards? All i remember is that the goal was scored after the nominees had been announced, and that it therefore was too late for it to win any award.

Leo10

Goal of year became a complete bullshit after they did not include the semi-final Messi dribble vs Real Madrid in 2011. :angry:

abual3bed1

I remember many reports saying that both Ibrahimovic's and Mexes' goals will be in the next year's edition of goal of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans