10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

Cristiano and Ibra's performance in WC playoffs on 15 and 19 Nov will be very decisive. If Cristiano doesn't make it to the World Cup with Portugal, it would be funny to see him even in top 3. Especially, after having the easiest group ever (North Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan, Israel and Russia).

Apparently the voting finishes the 15e of november so those matches won't play a role. So there are 2 games left to sway votes.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

It made it to the cover of Sport:

5157_10151796187157535_1214082965_n.jpg

"Messi's confession: I'm not 100%

In the club is believed that it is a mental block, for fearing another injury.

The captains will reunite with him. Xavi will lead a reunion with Leo, to find a way to help him"

Must be some truth to it, in some games, like the second half of the Celta game you can see Messi really going for it with loads of succesfull dribbles and shots so its not like he's physically unable but recuring injuries get to you, it misses with your confidence in your own body.

Mitchell1978

Not trying to be argumentative, and I agree the % of PK scored and tap-ins vs. the overall goal count is much higher for CR7 than for Messi; having said that, I think it is unfair for us to try to diminish CR7's accomplishments. Yes he has scored against many "shitty teams", but so has Messi if we are talking about La Liga. Also, many of CR7's goals are no less brilliant than Messi's at all as CR7 is able to score in many different ways: long shots from outside the box, powerful shots within the box at difficult angles, headers, freekicks, bicycle-kicks etc.

And let's be honest, CR7 has carried RM, without his goals RM would have a difference of more than 10 points between us and them.

I agree with this, objectively speaking and mainly because of injuries but CR7 and Ribéry have had better or at least more consistent 2013 then Messi.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hard to gauge whether there's truth to Messi's comments or merely an attempt to deflect media attention...Could indeed be fitness but even when he's been in position to score, his accuracy has failed him - for 99% of the footballing world, this is not a cause for concern...He takes matches by the throat and that lethality in his game has been absent so would he be out there if not 100% and risk reaggravating his injury?...Would be hard to buy that theory

numero

Hard to gauge whether there's truth to Messi's comments or merely an attempt to deflect media attention...Could indeed be fitness but even when he's been in position to score, his accuracy has failed him - for 99% of the footballing world, this is not a cause for concern...He takes matches by the throat and that lethality in his game has been absent so would he be out there if not 100% and risk reaggravating his injury?...Would be hard to buy that theory

way to go cule brother.. now even doubting our best player and what he says,after what he has done for the team. well done. kudos.

numero

Sport: Xavi will meet with Messi privately tomorrow. The players look to offer any help possible to help Messi return.

abual3bed1

But some poeple associate Messi only with scoring. Therefore, if Messi doesn't score, he's has a problem.

That's the problem with media and super players nowadays. If they don't score, they have a problem. Leo's scoring stats what made media think of that.

Leo10

Stop wasting virtual space people, it ain't 2009 anymore. The best player of this generation will get his 5th and 6th and 7th.

Messi will get 40%, Ribery 20%, Ronaldo 10%. The rest will go to the usual suspects.

:tito:

Stric

I don't really blame him if he's not fully fit, but for fuck's sake, if he's not 100%, then play someone who is! It's bad for the him, for the team and for the outcome.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Richard.H said:
I'm very worried about him though. Is it just me or has he gained a bit of weight? I really hope it's the injury. It would be my absolute nightmare if he lost motivation for the game. I'd really hate to see him go down that path.

I don't think he has gained more weight recently, doesn't look like it, but he did appear to gain some weight earlier this year. Nevertheless, he is very fit so don't worry about it.

Also I don't think he has lost his motivation or drive for the game, you can clearly see how frustrated he was during the Celta game and after the Espanyol game. He still has the fire.

Kerrybai

This has turned into Iniesta's thread. Only a player of Messi's quality can be deemed in crisis after 4 games without a goal. Everyone take a deep breath and relax, once he hits full match fitness the goals will return. Rewatch the Celta game and ask yourself is Messi in crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans